Nazi paraphernalia on sale at Banqiao station?

I think we just got reminded that forumosa wasn’t always a round about way of ending up talking about US politics.
There’s a really good recent grave dig thread I flipped the bird from ten plus years ago that is full of the most wonderful posts. I really enjoyed reading posts from dearpeter northcoastsurfer headhoncho gingerman etc. And not a kudos in sight.

3 Likes

Yeeeeaah, no. There’s not a lot of comparison to be made for breeding slaves for 400 years there. :roll_eyes:

It’s a good stretch for a man your size though! :smile:

They were happy to let the Irish breed like rabbits and pay them very poorly. They were happy to hang NINA signs in the shops. They were happy to establish political parties like the Know Nothings that were even more racist than many Confederate supporters, many of whom such as the Confederacy VP Stephens, former Whigs and even allies of Lincoln in the 1840s.
Alexander H. Stephens - Wikipedia

Slavery was very evil and it was the GOP that eradicated it. But the South as purely an oppressor state and the North as pure Yankee benevolence? Fuck no

Who the fuck said that? Not me.

The GOP eradicating slavery? in what sense? (And for the love of god, hope you understand that’s rhetorical.) That whole contemporary we’re the party of Lincoln shit is sound bite ridiculous. :doh:

Anyway, good grave dig. :laughing:

It wasn’t me digging. I am just mentioning, as per my mid 2010s post, that the Confederacy had a Jewish Cabinet Minister when General Grant was making overt anti-Semitic orders. That the South had a history of religious tolerance to Huguenots and Jews, and that most Southerners were not fighting about slavery–they had no stake in it. Any view that the war was entirely caused by slavery is narrow historiography. And elitist.

The South was oppressive, so was the North. So was most of the World in the 1800s. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hope nobody mentions the Barbary Corsairs. It really pisses on a lot of narratives.

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s sue the fuck out of Tangiers City Government for kidnapping 2,000,000 Southern Europeans from the 1500s onwards and ripping the social fabric out of the Mediterranean for generations.