new battery for iphone 6 / 6S

Not sure if ‘available’ yet in Taiwan but anyone tried out Apple’s 2018 battery replacement offer for about US$30 in Taipei?

Is it something that you can just go into one of their authorized retailers?

I think just any phone fixing shop has them. They usually purchase things and give you the option between the factory screen or a generic one. Factory is obviously always more expensive. But I think it’s worth a try to see if they have the battery. I know they have battery replacements not sure about the official one you’re talking about , fixing it at one of those shops is probably likely to be cheaper.

Heard a complaint story about someone that had theirs replaced at the iPhone shop in 101 and was not happy with the customer service.

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:2, topic:166262, full:true”]
I think just any phone fixing shop has them. They usually purchase things and give you the option between the factory screen or a generic one. Factory is obviously always more expensive.[/quote]

My understanding is that Apple does not sell original batteries to random phone repair shops. So the Apple ones you get at such shops are always used (or fake). Generic ones were more expensive than used original ones last time I checked.

Also, the OP is especially asking for the new special cheap Apple offer. I guess you should just walk in their store and ask for it.

Story time: I had an iPhone 4s battery replaced in Taipei a few years ago, choosing the more expensive generic but new option. Returned to Europe the next day, but wondered why the battery life is still miserable, even worse. so I opened the phone and saw they actually had built in an even older used apple battery than the one I had replaced. So I replaced it with my old one again, which I had kept. By the time I returned to taipei the shop was gone, so no way to complain… In essence: be careful, random phone repair shops may cheat you.

Pricing hasn’t changed yet on their website: https://support.apple.com/zh-tw/iphone/repair/service/pricing

I noticed with a new battery from a phone shop. The battery was good for 2-3 months and began to suck again. It also gave false readings sometimes. Sometimes it would say 7-10 percent and be out of battery. And sometime it would last a while on 1-2%