New Mykonos

Taiwan News Weekend edition article this is on the slate for this Friday. I am going to try it today. Will a new location mean a totally new menu, or are we in for a “same, but different”?

where be it

It’s int he Shida mightmarket. Take the main entrance lane (eg left heading down Shida Rd from Roosevelt - the corner with the Watsons on it) head straight crossing Longquan Jie and it’s on that lane.

Brian

ΜΥΚΙΝΟΣ
No. 19, Lane 76, SiWei Road (behind little Le Petite Sherwood and the new Louis Vuitton)
四維路七十六巷十九號一樓 (小西華之後邊)

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]It’s int he Shi-Da mightmarket. Take the main entrance lane (eg left heading down Shi-Da Rd from Roosevelt - the corner with the Watsons on it) head straight crossing Longquan Jie and it’s on that lane.

Brian[/quote]
huh? :noway:

may be they’ve opened 2?

Maybe they did, because someone initially told me they planning to open near XinSheng Rd., but that’s no where near where I was last night.

Well there’s definitely a Mykonos newly opened in Shida. I guess they might just be someone else with the same name. I didn’t go in and check.

Brian

Taisun street lane 38, 32. close to Shida Rd.-Longquan Jie
They are two first floors combined to one, nice comfy place inside. Outside it has this Med/mexican look.
Never saw the menu though. Saw only the place as it was up for rent for a couple of weeks. In the end the brother of the previuos guy openend the new Mykonos.
Don’t know if its the same as the other Mykonos but I was told it was. Just the cook stayed, so it’s not the same cook as in the old Mykonos.

Should have checked here before going to Taipei last weekend. Used an old business card, to take a cab to the old location, only to find that it wasn’t there. I called the number on the card and got the restaurant, so just assumed the cab driver was incompetent and had taken us to the wrong place, only to realize, when I saw an ad. a couple of days later, he wasn’t and that it had moved.

Oh well, had cheap tasty market stuff and got pissed at a wine lounge instead. Yay! Life is good.

Beware! The so-called “Mykonos” off Shida Rd is a cheap ripoff. The girl told be with big friendly smile that yes, they stole the decor and name. They sell shitty Taiwanese-palate pasta and even shittier Taiwanese salads (a lump of iceberg lettuce slathered with virulent pink thousand island dressing and a slice of carrot.
What a bunch of fucking shysters.

Sandman wrote [quote]Beware! The so-called “Mykonos” off Shi-Da Rd is a cheap ripoff. The girl told be with big friendly smile that yes, they stole the decor and name. They sell shitty Taiwanese-palate pasta and even shittier Taiwanese salads (a lump of iceberg lettuce slathered with virulent pink thousand island dressing and a slice of carrot.
What a bunch of fucking shysters.[/quote]

Straight from Taiwanese Business Class 101. Thanks for the warning Sandman.

[quote=“sandman”]Beware! The so-called “Mykonos” off Shi-Da Rd is a cheap ripoff. The girl told be with big friendly smile that yes, they stole the decor and name. They sell shitty Taiwanese-palate pasta and even shittier Taiwanese salads (a lump of iceberg lettuce slathered with virulent pink thousand island dressing and a slice of carrot.
What a bunch of fucking shysters.[/quote]
True, as I figured out on Friday night. :fume:

(BTW: Gameclubbers may remember this place as the 2nd Shuang Yu cafe)

bastards…i hate it when that happens…

hope you guys let them know their antics are fucked and you will be telling as many people as possible.

See, I knew something was wrong. :smiling_imp:

The old mykonos closed for reasons unkown to mankind :laughing: The new Mykonos … the place was up for rent … I went to take a look but the guy asked 1,700,000 NT$ to buy the decoration because goodwill wasn’t that big a deal. Than a few weeks later the Mykonos sign appeared on the place. I was told that it was that the brother from the previous owner had started running the place but that the cook was still the same.:fume:

And as the old owner has 7-8 restaurants spread over Taipei, I wrongly assumed that they had owned the old Mykonos to and just moved to the new place in Taishun street.

I guess it will be up for rent again in a few months, have to keep an eye on it … maybe in the future there is Belgian food being served … :laughing:

[quote=“Quirky”]ΜΥΚΙΝΟΣ
No. 19, Lane 76, SiWei Road (behind little Le Petite Sherwood and the new Louis Vuitton)
四維路七十六巷十九號一樓 (小西華之後邊)[/quote]
So this is the real one, right?

It’s owned by unscrupulous lawyers?

[quote=“914”][quote=“Quirky”]ΜΥΚΙΝΟΣ
四維路七十六巷十九號一樓 (小西華之後邊)[/quote]
So this is the real one, right?[/quote]
Well, turn me over and fuck me silly. This place was CLOSED FOR JUNE 14TH ONLY. We went over there and bam! So we moseyed on over to Louis XIV, French Restaurant half a block away. Nice dinner, good wine. Three people at just over $3700, cheaper than my favorite French restaurant back home, that’s for sure.

This is the SECOND time Mykonos has been closed when I wanted to go. But this time I got the phone number it’s 02.2704.2960.

Haha…that’s my new favourite expression.
No wait, I DEFINITELY can’t use that one.
I better think of another one…quick.