Obtaining a ARC without any work or study. Is it possible?

Hello,
I am an 26yr old male Australian Citizen of Asian Origins (Chinese and Vietnamese).
I am looking to stay in Taiwan for more than the 90 days given to at immagration on tourist visa.
I work online as a digital nomad, so i am not looking for work.
I also have a girlfriend here who will teach me chinese so i am not looking to pay for a chinese school.
Is there any other way to obtain a ARC?
Maybe a dodgy company or school who will accept a small amount of money to provide documents for me to obtain an ARC?

Any advice and tips would be appreciated!

Taiwan’s laws are not designed for the 21st century, so digital nomadism is illegal unless you have open work rights (there are several threads about this). An ARC won’t fix this.

Your Chinese ancestry may qualify you as an ROC national without household registration, which makes immigration less difficult, but you still have no right to work, at first.

As an Aussie, you can apply for a working holiday visa, which is equivalent to an open work permit, with an expiry date.

1 Like

Or you can get married and get an ARC that way. You wouldn’t have to work or study to get that ARC.

Another thing to consider is that you can get a fairly cheap flight to Hong Kong (or wherever else is cheap) every 90 days to renew your tourist visa. It’s not ideal, but it’s also not horrible, and plenty of people do it.