pet door

There should be automated, that open when the dog, cat gets near it, something built in the collar to trigger it. Burglar proof.

Those are available. Whether or not they are available in Taiwan, now that’s a different story.

Burglars? You bet they are available. :wink:

1 Like

Those are OK in the West, with separate houses. Here people use them on the balcony, between rooms, not the outside doors. Sio simple low tech is OK.

Did you ever hear about cat burglars? [a thief who enters a building by climbing to an upper storey]
They are for real in Taiwan.

I have been here 20 years and lived in this hood 17. We had one attempted break in. Yes I know it is possible, but it is not a huge problem as where I or maybe you come from.

And if the thief can emulate Mr. Elastic and open the door of a home after forcing his way through the pet door after climbing 10 stories up…He has my respects.

Seriously though these pet doors are for inside use, balcony maybe. No one is using them Western style outside. And a thief that gets to the balcony will get in through the door pet door or no pet door.

1 Like

I think a burglar who can scale the building and then get in would be interesting to see. I’m sure where there’s a will, there’s a way. The pet door is being installed now! We’ll see how it goes. This will give the beast some more decent outside space to run around in especially with the weather getting cooler. He’s turned into an American and sits on the sofa and watches TV all day.

1 Like