POPEYES Is Coming!

Apparently this is big/good news…never tried it, is it worth waiting for?!

14 Likes

Popeyes plans to open its first Taiwan outlet in the second quarter of 2024

Even if they open in April 1st, I don’t recommend you to wait for it. You should definitely eat something meanwhile.

10 Likes

I’m a fan of Popeyes.

2 Likes

The breading is pretty similar to the original KFC’s. However, that wasn’t so popular when KFC was first introduced, as all KFC fried chicken in Taiwan have adjusted their batter.

Finally!

Meh. Let me know when Jollibee’s makes it here.

Guy

3 Likes

It’s okay. Overrated to be honest, but still better than KFC (especially Taiwanese KFC… which begs the question of whether this will also be adjusted for “Taiwanese tastebuds”).

6 Likes

“Love that chicken from Popeyes!”

1 Like

lol what? Jollibee’s is trash.

7 Likes

Okay I am exposed. I’ve never tried it. :joy:

Guy

I can just hear the chorus of moaning “太硬” in the restaurant already.

I’m still pissed off they completely changed their chicken burgers.

All the stuff I like are gone from Popeyes. How do you discontinue a flagship product?

2 Likes

Borderline edible. Even the halo-halo is subpar.

1 Like

Taiwan already has hundreds of fried chicken places. The market is saturated. KFC is trash now.
Makes no sense opening Popeye’s here. I give them a year…maybe 2 tops, then they will disappear.

3 Likes

They opened some in the UK. I went with excitement and was underwhelmed.

Tried it for the first time in Canada last summer - and I’m unsure how “traditional” the Pacific Northwest menu is. I enjoyed it, and it’s one of the few times I’ve eaten biscuits that I haven’t made myself. But … it was just fine. Certainly miles better than most of the fried chicken sandwiches I’ve eaten here (from breakfast places, so I’m asking for trouble with that). I’ll go to Popeyes here for variety. Infinitely better than the Taiwan-ified variant of KFC. Well, assuming localized KFC still tastes the same as the last time I tried it, circa 2018.

But Korean fried chicken from Cheogajip or Nene, versus Popeye’s? For sure I’d take the Korean fried chicken rather than the Popeye’s chicken. But they’re different kinds of meals, I suppose.

4 Likes

I think if they are going to survive in this (I agree, super saturated) market, they really have to highlight their biscuit – as there really is not much competition here for it. Maybe double down on the biscuit angle, and nothing else? :joy:

1 Like

I’m an equal opportunity junk food addict. I like KFC, Jolibees and Popeyes. McDonald’s I’ve lost my taste for for some reason

DanDan Hambao in the south is the best though

You lost me with the “I like KFC” part.

What happened to these guys in Taiwan is beyond my comprehension.

Guy

2 Likes

Biscuits with gravy

1 Like