POPEYES Is Coming!

Pretty popular in IKEA too.

Begs to question, why did KFC deep six mashed spuds from their menu?
Every Taiwanese I talk to cringe at the thought of mashed potatoes. They also say KFC has survived for 1 and only 1 reason…their egg tarts.

Go figure.

1 Like

Pollo Campero is what we need here! :guatemala:

Or Pollo Loco.

I have little faith we can get the Taiwanese to like rice and beans. Salty rice and beans I mean.

2 Likes

Yes that is a hard sell here, but it is not one that Popeyes will be attempting.

Guy

1 Like

They “taste” the same at multiple locations I’ve been to -flavorless, with a lousy texture! And I’m in their home turf. Found this article.that just about sums it up:

If the fries are good because of the sauce, the fries are garbage.

Total shitte!

1 Like

OK gentlemen I will back down from this claim, as I have no experiential grounds to refute it. I just saw long lines of people waiting to order their food in Honolulu, and I thought I would throw it into the mix. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

hahahahahaaaaa!

Because KFC is garbage to start. :wink:

I don’t get the talk of KFC mashed potatoes. :face_vomiting: or of KFC in general about how it sucks in Taiwan - IT SUCKS EVERYWHERE! :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

I like Popeye’s in Canada, never tried in the US. The ones in HK are shite. Hope they don’t get inspiration from those.

I like only the champ burger at jollibee, and the pancake kinda-burger with cheese and bacon for breakfast (saw only in HK though). Chicken nothing special.

KFC here is better than HK, a far cry from KFC in Italy (never had in the states/Canada) or JP.

I hope they’ll sell the biscuit, my wife loves that.

2 Likes

If you’re Asian you’ll love Jollibee. If you’re a Westerner you’ll hate it. That’s all there is to it.

I love their Filipino style spaghetti. It’s hard to find spaghetti at a fast food restaurant.

1 Like

Awesome awesome awesome news :grin:

I have to say, not a huge fan of fried chicken in general. Looks gross (imagine greasy fingers) and isn’t good for you.

1 Like

And rice, bread or noodles are healthy? Most meals aren’t healthy.

It’s gross but I love fried chicken. It’s one of my few vices. I’m really looking forward to this.

Popeyes is going to have a difficult time competing against local brands. :yum:

4 Likes

I don’t get Korean fried chicken. Maybe they are better in Korea, but since my problem is with the entire concept of glazed spicy and sweet sauce over a big piece of fried chicken, maybe I still wouldn’t like them in Korea.

1 Like

If Popeyes is successful, there will probably be a local brand called Pop-ice.

Have you ever tried chicken and waffles?

1 Like

But glazed spicy sauce over a piece of fried chicken is delicious!

Ah. Yeah, that’ll do it. For what it’s worth, I almost always get the boneless variety, with smaller pieces. I’m also not a fan of the saucy flavors on a big piece of chicken.

They have a really nice spicy chicken burger (when done well and not a greasy mess) but I would sooner the meal deal give you the option of fries with it, not soup and a drink.

1 Like

What’s wrong with that? It’s better than any other kind of fried chicken you’ve ever had.

1 Like