Proposals for Taiwanese flag

If we leave it up to young people they’ll probably pick sth like the Kekistani flag with an outline of Taiwan in it.

1 Like

There’s an upcoming rally and I want to bring a physical flag of my design with me.

I’ve updated my current favorite design to look a bit cleaner.

fw3d_formosan_flag_eight_star_sun_giant_canton_thiner

Will update on how the final product actually looks like.

2 Likes

I prefer the previous version

1 Like

The flag looks great! It’s actually really cool and I mean it. It looks regal with feels very Taiwan like. I like it a lot.

The design looks…pretty good. (Too snowflakey? Does the cropped look work?) But the Constitution (if we’re still playing that game) specifies a red field with blue sky and white sun. Where’s the red field?

Whatevah’s flag above looks great (if astronomically dubious) and should be used for something. Reminds me of the Tibet flag (the red and blue stripes) combined with the East Turkestan flag (like Turkey’s but blue), and/or the symbol for Garchen Rinpoche’s center (a red sun on a crescent moon):

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=garchen+buddhist+institute+symbol&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwlsqxyeziAhUKvLwKHTX1CBEQsAR6BAgEEAE&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=sBTNK-WWtgcvrM:

2 Likes

The East Turkestan flag is a great looking flag.

By the way, the full emblem can be used to symbolize Taiwan as well.

Four Hearts in Harmony 2.0?

That looks amazing. I can see it becoming a real thing. Just a small criticism. Is there any significance to the colors? cause they look a little washed out.

Maybe I’m out of the loop…
What’s wrong with the current flag?

The current flag is the flag of ROC not Taiwan.

I thought ROC was the official name for Taiwan.

But this flag also seems to be an ROC flag proposal.

Taiwan according to UN charter chapter 7 should be a trust territory to the allied powers. ROC should have been merely managing Taiwan as an allied power, like they did in Vietnam and other places, which means they shouldn’t have taxed the Taiwanese people, nor should they claim Taiwan as a part of its territory or force the Taiwanese people to fight their wars.

3 Likes

Whoops Liberia already has this one but would love to see China’s face if Taiwan had this flag haha

2 Likes

The UN is a joke. Who cares what they say? ROC = Taiwan… no need to go looking for solutions without problems. Don’t liberals ever have anything important to do other than feel enraged or try to solve imaginary problems? What a freaking joke!

I don’t find any part of the KMT violating the will and rights of the Taiwanese people and colonizing the island resembling a joke.

3 Likes

Similar complaints could be made about virtually any flag / regime.

All the new designs I’ve seen are horrid. If there would be a vote on it I’d stick to the current one, and honestly I’d imagine most people to agree (like NZ and Australia) since people are used to it.

Well, all three flags you mentioned are vestiges of British colonialism, so I guess they have that in common.

The NZ and OZ flags are defaced Blue Ensign, and the second ROC flag is a copy of the British Red Ensign.

Yeah it is, but it’s better than having one that looks foreign or hideous (like the tiger flag, ew), though I guess in that case people would eventually get used to it anyway.