Punishment for 1st time cocaine possession

What is the law on the possession of cocaine in taiwan for personal use? A friend of mine is in trouble and I don’t know much about the laws in taiwan.

Not sure if the information I found is up to date. Cocaine is a category 1 narcotic. Some past offenders may have received capital punishment for drug possession. deathpenaltyworldwide.org/co … aiwan#a7-3

I can’t find much info on it, but he’s out since he fully cooperated with the police and prosecutor, he was even let go without bond and just has to wait to show up in court. They got him because his number was in a big dealer’s number and they wanted to get his customers to prove that the dealer is the main guy. It seems they want the main guy and not a bunch of the other buyers. They only found a old baggie with residue from a while ago. He got really unlucky and left it somewhere and they found it. His urine should be clean since it was a while ago that he used it. I know they give the death penalty for distribution, but it seems really crazy if they do that for a baggie with residue and clean urine.

They don’t really put any one to death now for drugs. You would have to be a major major distributor. And even then I don’t think its the death penalty these days.

Jail for sure. And a long one for pushers? Users? They get rehab (different sort of jail).

First time offense in the US, he might get a plea offer avoiding jail time, especially if he provides substantial assistance. I had a client who assisted the police with other buys, and his cocaine charge (a first time offender) was dropped.