Reputable jeweler for ring resizing in Taipei?

I have a need to get a gold ring resized (smaller). That requires ring surgery vs. stretching. Also, there’s just one shot to get it right. I don’t have the inner buddha maturity for someone to lose it, or try to reconnect it with super glue, cho dofu, or any other ingenious technique.

Back in the Land of Walmart, this would be a non-issue. Here, well, let’s just say that it doesn’t seem straightforward.

I have two questions and would appreciate any info, except stuff like, “Rings are stupid and just signify control and domination.” I know that already. :wink:

Q1: What are the main jewelry companies in Taiwan? I know of Tiffany, but no others. I’m thinking of big, reputable firms with showrooms and in-house jewelers, etc.

Q2: Any recommendations for who to use or how to accomplish the ring resizing here?

Thanks.

bump – same question, but for silver. My local jeweller can send it off to a factory to have it done within a week, but I’d rather find an actual silversmith who can do it in house.

I think Chen’s collection is quite reputable. They design and manufacture their own stuff. They should be able to help you.

It’s in an alley/lane off Anhe Rd, Sec. 1 in Taipei City. I think Alley 135 (but better check with them).

phone: 02 2701 0070
fax 02 2708 0800

Sandra Wei is their (head) designer. She used to live in Australia so that English only is not a problem.

Good luck!
Gunnar

Thanks, Gunnar! I’ll contact them. :slight_smile:

Here is another option for you if you have someone back home mail it to you.

viewithere.com/ring_guard/

Once you have a ring resized to smaller, it is hard and quite expensive to get it sized larger if need be ( especially if it has inlaid diamonds )

Just an update on that info above: the address is Anhe Rd., Sec. 1, Lane 135, #1. They’re open 11-7, and have excellent service. English is not a problem, either.

Does anyone know a reputable jeweler that will re-size an engagement ring in the Taipei area. The jewelers I have checked will only re-size the jewelry they sell. One place said they wouldn’t re-size because they didn’t want to break it. I bought the ring in the US and would prefer not to have to send it back there to get it re-sized.

Any help is much appreciated.

Oohoo, congratulations! :discodance:

I’ve merged this with the existing thread.

Thanks, didn’t come up with good info on a search and then I thought the post got deleted.

No problem! :slight_smile: The search function is tricky; if you search for ‘all’ instead of ‘any’ terms, or pick the wrong forum area, or spell a key word differently, you may get no relevant results.

I went to Chen’s Collection for resize my ring last month, but they reject me and said any repair service only for their own products due to avoid any dispute!
So, any other recommend store to me for resize the ring?
Urgent ! Thank you~