Rhubarb and/or frozen raspberries

Anyone have any idea where one could find either of them in Taiwan? I’ve found fresh raspberries, but they’re too expensive to make raspberry pies economical. I’ve been searching for fresh rhubarb, also for pies, also to no avail. Thanks in advance! :notworthy:

I think Costco has strawberries, blueberries and cranberries, but not raspberries. I’ll take a look next time I’m in.

Costco has frozen mixed berries for about $500 a bag–blackberries, blueberries and raspberries I think–but no solo raspberries.

I tried to grow rhubarb last year but it died at the height of summer. I have several new seedlings (~5cm high at the moment) and I intend to use a root-chilling method this time around. If I get any results, I’ll post updates here!

Where did you get the seeds/seedlings, Finley?

An airport shop in Amsterdam!

They sprout easily enough, but rhubarb can’t cope with hot weather at all, it seems. I gave some to my family in the UK and they’re already huge and productive.

I too would be interested in this

Costco has fresh blueberries for okay prices ($299-399) in winter, not now. Very pricey ($499) if available at all at this point. They also have, occasionally, fresh raspberries. The mixed frozen berries there have been posted about already. PNP has (or had, last I checked) frozen rhubarb, the only source in town AFAIK.

Yeah, was talking about frozen. Haven’t looked too closely.

Forgive my stupidity, but what is PNP? I’ve never heard of the place, but I’m excited at the prospect of rhubarb.

Importer of a lot of western foods.

www.pnpfood.com

Inventory list is accessible from the links on their web site

Do note that they are only open to walk-in retail customers from 1:30 to 4:30 pm, Tues-Sat. I recommend their aged sherry vinegar (for a very nice vinaigrette), and they’re a good source for sherry, madeira and port, and nice wines for cooking.