Road bike rental in Taipei?

[quote=“smpn”]Just signed up to say thanks, I was looking for exactly this kind of information. I’m going to be in Taipei for most of April, and I’d like to ride up Yangming Shan a few times if I can rent an appropriate bike somewhere. I’ve emailed the Giant store on Chengde Rd in Beitou to see if they rent out road bikes, haven’t heard back yet but I’m sure I’ll find something. Riding in a tropical climate will be a new experience for me!

Ranlee, are you on Strava? I’d like to check out your routes and maybe ride with your group. Here’s mine:

strava.com/athletes/5880115[/quote]

smpn, welcome! Yes, I’m on Strava, if you head over to the other thread, you’ll find all the info you need to join one of our rides! Weather in April-May in northern Taiwan is the best time of the year to ride. You’re going to love it!
[url]Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club 2016 (Taipei/New Taipei)

I’ve also found out that the Specialized flagship store in Da Zhi also rents out road bikes. However, no one that I know has gone through the process. I can only assume that specialized rentals come at a premium price.
https://www.facebook.com/specializedtaipei/?fref=ts