Sale alert thread - TPE

RT Mart is now selling cooking spray for NT$9 a can. Better hurry as I think they’re dumping the last lot.
The one I went to in Xindien had baking (with flour), canola and butter flavour left, but no olive oil.

Thanks, TLS! I’ll check the Neihu one tomorrow. They used to hide some of it behind the cooking appliances too, oddly.

Oh, and not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but DeAn Dept. Store in Neihu is closing by the end of March, so crowds were reported there yesterday looking for early closing sales. Let us know what you find!

Reportedly it will be converted to a new dept. store under new management or something – I’m not clear on the details.

EDIT (Mar. 4) – Never mind, apparently the boss is changing but the sales suck and the place will still be the crap store it is now.

The G’ment is giving you 2000nts to change your old, crappy, energy guzzles AC to a newer, more efficient and economical model. Offer in place until TOMORROW!

[quote]Taiwan’s total air conditioner sales have been rising sharply in recent weeks ahead of the Taiwan hot season, local media reported yesterday.
Experts attributed the rise to rapid domestic sales growth, which was partly supported by the spring’s special offers concocted by various appliance chain stores and government subsidies for energy-saving equipment.

The Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) began subsidizing purchases of energy-saving appliances from October 1, 2008 – a program that will run through March 31 (Tuesday) – in order to boost the energy-saving industry and encourage people to buy eco-friendly appliances.

Yet, only purchases of Taiwan-made refrigerators, air conditioners and washing machines bearing energy-saving labels are entitled to receive the subsidy of NT$2,000 per item.

[/quote]
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/t-business/2009/03/30/202147/Local-air-conditioner.htm

US product season started in Carrefour, for those who want to buy teh brands they know but not in bulk as in COSTCO nor past date as other places that shall not be mentioned…

Of note:
BBQ sauce
Tabasco sauce
Tuna helper
Beans -49 nts per can
Dryer sheets
fabric softener in smaller size bottles
Bleach pens -individual

… and others

[quote=“Icon”]US product season started in Carrefour, for those who want to buy teh brands they know but not in bulk as in COSTCO nor past date as other places that shall not be mentioned…

Of note:
BBQ sauce
Tabasco sauce
Tuna helper
Beans -49 nts per can
Dryer sheets
Bleach pens -individual

… and others[/quote]

Woohoo! Thanks for posting this, icon. Please tell me the “beans” are “baked beans”. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Icon”]US product season started in Carrefour, for those who want to buy teh brands they know but not in bulk as in COSTCO nor past date as other places that shall not be mentioned…

Of note:
BBQ sauce
Tabasco sauce
Tuna helper
Beans -49 nts per can
Dryer sheets
Bleach pens -individual

… and others[/quote]

Woohoo! Thanks for posting this, icon. Please tell me the “beans” are “baked beans”.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.[/quote]
Black beans and kidney beans I think. There’s only a wee area in the Xindian Carrefour.

Yep, baked too.

[color=#FF0000]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!![/color]

[color=#FF0000]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!![/color]
[/quote]

is that HP beans?

No, it’s flavourite and it seems to be pork and beans, not baked beans :frowning:

To those looking for furniture:

[quote]More than 50 furniture retailers from the Nanchang Road business district in Taipei will launch a festive street sale this weekend, hoping to revive their crisis-hit businesses with great discounts.

“Hit by the financial crisis, most of our sales have declined by more than 70 percent, which forced several shops to close last year,” Lee Hsieh-shen (李謝陞), secretary general of the district’s trade association, said yesterday.

On average, only 20 deals are closed each day, he said, adding that he hoped a 10-fold rise in transactions could be seen during the promotional sales.

Lee said auctions to liquidate 35 items, priced at between NT$78,000 (US$2,400) and NT$500, with a floor price of NT$1, would be held in the afternoons.

An 80 percent discount will also be offered on 25 items with slight defects, with initial prices at between NT$11,000 and NT$48,000.

Most shops will also offer a cash rebate of up to 6 percent on each transaction after a 30 percent deposit is pre-paid as well as a lucky draw to win other prizes, event organizers said in a press statement.

For transactions of more than NT$5,000, giveaways worth between NT$300 and NT$2,500 will also be handed out, the statement said. [/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/biz/arc … 2003473906

Closest MRT: Guting Nanchang Road, section 2.

There’s some damn nice stuff in one of those shops in particular. Solid teak, in FAR nicer designs than anything you’ll find in Scanteak or those chain-type places. Got some fantastic dining chairs there.
I wish we were in the market for stuff rather than desperately trying to declutter!
Definitely one to NOT tell the wife about!

Thanks Icon my Saturday’s booked now!!!

For those of you looking for stuff for the folks back home or walk down Christmas shopping memory lane, complete with crowds and blasting Christmas carols in November, well, the big bus station mall behind Taipei Main is the place.

Q Square 京站 is the proper name.