Sexual allegations -- political aspects

Yeah, he was definitely into the curves.

Uh-oh, looks like “giant of the Senate” Al Franken is next on the chopping block.

I posted the link like 4 replies ago! I demand reparations!

Sorry, man. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I do not want to defend anyone listed here, but should all allegations of harassment and assault be treated the same in a black/white sort of way?

Should everyone who is accused/guilty of harassment or assault or forcing themselves on to someone who has not explicitly given permission, or abuse their status to do such be sentenced to the most harshest of punishments up to and including death? Or should the punishment be doled out considering the severity of the crime? Or, slap on the wrist, and walk way?

The determining factor appears to be that the punishment should fit the politics.

1 Like

The pride of the Democrats! LOL. Gonna be fun to watch the Senate Ethics Committee in action.

Progressive as I say, not as I do. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I like the part where Moore admitted what he had done, apologised to his victim, and called for an inquiry into his actions.
Oh, wait, that was Franken. Moore refused to admit wrongdoing, accused his victims of lying. set his attorney to issue (ridiculous) threats against people who reposted his actions, and had his wife lie for him.

that sounds familiar, I wonder where i’ve already read that story word by word before…uhm…UHMMMMMM…

Franken knows what he’s doing. Since the punishment fits the politics he could get away with murder just by saying ‘sorry.’

It looked as if she were holding herself up to get a last breath of air. It was a consciously assumed position… She didn’t drown. She died of suffocation in her own air void. It took her at least three or four hours to die. I could have had her out of that car twenty-five minutes after I got the call. But he [Ted Kennedy] didn’t call.
— diver John Farrar, Inquest into the Death of Mary Jo Kopechne, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Edgartown District Court. New York: EVR Productions, 1970.

Today, as I mentioned, I felt morally obligated to plead guilty to the charge of leaving the scene of an accident. No words on my part can possibly express the terrible pain and suffering I feel over this tragic incident. This last week has been an agonizing one for me and for the members of my family. And the grief we feel over the loss of a wonderful friend will remain with us the rest of our lives.

1 Like

That depends on what your definition of the word “word” is.

If you are referring to Bill Clinton, I agree fully. He should have been investigated by a special prosecutor, and, if the evidence was sufficient, impeached by the House and brought to judgement in the Senate.

2 Likes

No journalist has ever asked Bill Clinton about Juanita Broaddrick’s repeated public accusations that he raped her. Bill Clinton himself has never denied Broaddrick’s accusation.

FWIW, that doesn’t seem quite true:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/broaddrick022599.htm

Asked about Broaddrick’s allegation at a news conference earlier in the day, President Clinton said: “Well, my counsel has made a statement about the . . . issue, and I have nothing to add to it.” Attorney David E. Kendall’s statement called the charge “absolutely false.”

1 Like

If only Clinton had admitted in a recorded conversation that he forced himself on women and grabbed them by their genitals, maybe the right would be reacting differently.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kevin Spacey Came Out

I stand corrected. One journalist in 1999 asked Clinton about Broaddrick’s repeated public accusations that he brutally raped her and he himself has never denied her accusation.

As for putting politics above principle in Donald Trump’s and Roy Moore’s cases the evidence is overwhelming that both are sexual predators who should be drummed out of public service and prosecuted for their sexual crimes.