Sexual allegations -- political aspects

Can’t make this shit up :rofl:

2 Likes

"The 33-year-old, who has been branded the “conscience of the conservative movement”, "

Someday… over the rainbow… they’ll find a proper conscience, I’m sure.

This comic is from just a few days ago, it’s basically 100% the story of the life of that guy, just swap anime for gay people! That’s amazing!

The weird thing is how defensive people become when the frequency with which the virulently anti-gay turn out to be gay is pointed out.

Whenever I meet a homophobe I immediately assume that the guy’s gay. It’s usually the case.

“I’m not gay, I just like cocks” - Wes Goodman, probably

@BiggusDickus

The really weird thing is how often overcompensation stares you in the face before you realize what’s really going on.

Do you rank as high as any in Rome?

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/18/564733826/11-scenarios-for-how-the-roy-moore-saga-could-play-out

Given the state of politics in today’s America, I am guessing #4 would happen. Just based on what the gov said “I believe the women, but the GOP needs to senate” or something.

And we get this…
https://www.npr.org/2017/11/17/564782290/trump-enters-fraught-territory-by-criticizing-al-franken

The status quo in America today is more like “They’re nothing but a bunch of looney tune bimbo eruptions because you never know what you’re going to get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park.”

1 Like

A hundred? Too much.

I chose the BB article so that the hardcore Covfefists wouldn’t call it fake news. She actually spoke to the AP.

“There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children,” Ivanka told The Associated Press. “I’ve yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ accounts.

Trump also was thrown into the chaos last week. She happened to be exiting meetings at the Capitol when word first broke that Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for Senate in Alabama, had been accused of sexual misconduct with teenage girls during the late 1970s, when he was in his 30s. She brushed off reporters’ shouted questions, saying, “Guys, I’ve been here all day.”

Trump weighed in on the scandal to the AP, saying: “There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children. I’ve yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ accounts.” She did not call for Moore to exit the race.

1 Like

Good move. If I could stomach BB, I would probably have, too.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/article185904543.html

bugs

2 Likes

Man, not the mascots too. Is nothing sacred?

1 Like

I know, eh? Next thing ya know, Ronnie McDonnie will come out as a herbivore. Oh wait…

He’s always been a manspreader, so allegations against him wouldn’t be surprising…

Latest casualty in the war on men:

Dems re-thinking circular firing squad strategy as friendly fire casualties mount.

Well, this thread is all over the place. Manspreading, indeed.

Some people just don’t understand the difference between allegation and guilt, but they understand the difference between their side and the other side. In fact, that’s the only distinction they really care about.

Isn’t it interesting how suddenly everybody cares about what’s been alleged for a hell of a long time now? Witch hunt, moral panic or just a virtue signaling fad?

When allegations are substantiated by evidence, the few intellectually honest folk sit up and take notice. By this time, the political bigots have all lost interest.

1 Like

Hasta la Frankengroper:

An Army veteran is the latest woman to publicly accuse Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of touching her inappropriately, saying he groped her during a USO tour nearly 14 years ago.

Stephanie Kemplin told CNN that she was serving during the Iraq War when she posed for a photo with the then-comedian in 2003, years before he was elected to the U.S. Senate.

“When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast,” Kemplin told CNN. “He kept his hand all the way over on my breast. I’ve never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side.”

Several women have come forward with similar stories since broadcaster and model Leeann Tweeden said two weeks ago that Franken had “forcibly kissed” and groped her during a separate USO tour in 2006.

Franken, who faced swift condemnation in Congress, apologized to Tweeden and called for a Senate ethics investigation into the allegations against him.

At least five women have accused Franken of sexual misconduct. Upon his return to Capitol Hill on Monday, Franken said he has “been trying to take responsibility by apologizing” to his accusers. But he has said he is not contemplating his resignation.