Shooter.cn and yyets no more - NOOOOooo

it was my go-to place for almost ALL of my movie subtitle SRT’s in chinese.
now I’ll (we’ll) have to fall back on www-yyets-com , which is/was primarily fresh tv show subs up to date.

(edit)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now yyets is finished (December 2nd 2014).
screw those copyright activists: downloading a subtitle is NOT downloading a movie

I see a massive shooter zip backups, ~17 GB, at
ed2000.com/ShowFile.asp?FileID=566162

but the ed2k client download speed is really pathetic

Hey thanks for the resources. Now I can finally watch movies/TV with the wife without having to pause and translate every five minutes.

Yyets has .srt files as well. Moreover, it seems to be a bit more organized and thorough than shooter. On the other hand, the yyets website is so sketchy looking that I wouldn’t go on it with a Windows computer.

OK… help a beginner! The wife loves to watch those Korean (dubbed into Chinese) and Chinese Historical Dramas.

She gets them from another source via her phone (MP4) file but they are only in Chinese. Do I have to copy the VIdeo along with the SRT file and play it in a special player? DO most of these shows have English Subtitles? Please direct me to a primer if possible.

Yes, annoyed and sad to see Shooter go… is Yyets the only other major Ch sub site? Seems like some sketchy-ass shite… Pop-up city, and my antivirus/no-script is flashing malware warnings from just a simple search.

I have managed to find the last few Ch srt’s I needed on English sites like opensubs or yifysubtiles, but those were big flicks, and Shooter did have a lot more selection.

Yes, I discovered just yesterday that shooter.cn has shut down. No idea why, but I suspect outside pressure from Hollywood movie studios had something to do with it. On the other hand, there are so many other sites offering subtitle downloads in multiple languages (though seldom Chinese) that it doesn’t make much sense.

The best we can hope for is that the owner of shooter.cn uploads his huge archive of subtitles to some of the other sites.

About combining English and Chinese subtitle files into one file, you can do that with a program called Aegisub. It’s cross-platform (Windows, OSX and Linux):

aegisub.org/

To merge a Chinese file with an English one…

In Aegisub open the first language’s subtitle file (menu: File–>Open_Subtitles). Then menu: Subtitle–>Select_All, and Edit–>Copy_Lines.

Open the second language’s file, and paste the contents in (menu: Edit–>Paste_Lines. Then do File->Export Subtitles and save to a new file. If you re-open that new file you’ll see that subs have been merged together. So just rename the new file to match your subtitle file and you’re good to go.

Another great feature of Aegisub is that you can export the subtitle file using unicode as the default encoding. This is great for Chinese, due to the Big5/Guobiao issue. These days unicode works everywhere, and you should use it for any subtitles not in Roman script.

www.zimuku.net

www.zimuzu.tv

November 2017: zimuku.net died