Similar forum but for Shanghai?

anyone knows where I can find information about working / living in mainland china (shanghai)? forumosa made my life in taiwan easier … but china is all new to me

[ADMIN EDIT: Original title - working / living in mainland china]

Try Shanghai Expat

From Shanghaiexpat :slight_smile:

[quote][url=http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/index.php?name=MDForum&file=viewtopic&p=360267#360267]www.forumosa.com

Really a community site for Taiwan, but alot of knowedgable people posting there. A good place to ask a question about Chinese cultural, historical and linguistics stuff. [/url][/quote]

I live in Shanghai now so I am interested in finding more forums / communities like Forumosa over here. I’ve checked out the Shanghaiist, but their forums aren’t very useful yet.

Probably better off posting here, but be warned, if the Great Chinese Mob find it offensive they will mobilise 50 million Angry Young Chinese Nationalists to swamp the website with abuse. That’s one reason there are no decent mainland forums. The other is all the foreigners in China with enough time to post on forums are all assh…er… um… too busy to post. Ahem.

A friend is looking for a classifieds forum for Shanghai and Beijing to hire a local staff in each city to assist with administrative support with background in law, business, and real estate. Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese. Probably a college student in those areas who needs a part time job.

Can any of you in those cities let me know of a classifieds forum that you or your English-speaking local contacts know of?

Thank you.

For Beijing go to: http://www.thatsbj.com

Classifieds. Forum. Directory.

Rude but good. The others are crap.

I saw this on one of thier forumosa thread and just about busted a gut!

[quote]Quote:
All about sandman

Total posts: 15445
[2.53% of total / 7.11 posts per day]
Find all posts by sandman
Word Count: 751,149
48.63 average words per post

Quote:
about Tigerman

Total posts: 12436
[2.03% of total / 7.31 posts per day]
Find all posts by Tigerman
Word Count: 1,202,986
96.73 average words per post

Quote:
All about fred smith

Total posts: 11734
[1.92% of total / 7.00 posts per day]
Find all posts by fred smith
Word Count: 1,833,792
156.28 average words per post

JESUS!

i thought i spent too much time online…
these losers are hard core!
[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Better

:roflmao:

Sinocidal (the blog) has spawned / morphed into a forum.