Forumosa Splittists

[quote=“Elegua”]Some Formosa escapees and myself had a meeting of the minds this weekend.

We’ve decided that the English on-line communities in the Big Lychee suck. Forumosa is far superior, which is why we still post here. Also, spending too much time in Taiwan has warped our fragile little minds and left a permanent mark on us. Clearly there is a part of us that is unable to move on. However, we also have some needs with regards to our new and decidedly inferior home. :help:

I think that we should add a HKG section for Forumosa. As time goes on, the number of escapees will only increase and I can tell you, it is an underserved market. It will also enhane the quality of your vacations to mouschwitz , I mean HKG Disneyland :mickey: and your visa runs.

Think of it as succeeding where CKS failed.

How about it? :pray:[/quote]
Would you promise to hold a Forumosa Happy Hour and send us pictures?

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I’m interested in such a move - I live in Shanghai. But we do have a process of creating new forums that involves “demonstrated interest” - ie. identifying 30 or more starter threads to move to the proposed forum, nominating a moderator for it. The other way to start a forum is to convince us (well, Maoman) that there is a need for this kind of section - like the Legal forums, which do not get as much new traffic or have as many postings as other forums.

I do think organzing happy hours would be a winner, though

Well, the inaugural HK Forumosa Happy Hour was held at very short notice on Friday night at 1/5th before rocking on down to the depths of Wanchai in the later hours. Fantastic time! Great to finally meet some far flung brethren. But pics? Not on your Nellie! You’ll just have to trust us on this Goose Egg. :laughing:

Our next happy hour will be more broadly advertised, which will hopefully allow time for the central committee to organise some proper Pingtung betel nut so we can gallee gong with the requisite red spittle. Frankly those Hainan nuts you can pick up in Zhuhai just don’t cut the mustard.

HG

Yes. The first inaugural happy hour was a smashing success.

I would hazard that arranging happy hours for the Forumosan diaspora would be a great pleasure, an honor even. However, moderating a forum would be another question. Pissing contest over why some posts got floundered are distinctly uninteresting. Any forum for Honkietown would need to follow the capitalist, free market, open city concept that this city espouses, but fails so miserably to implement.

At this juncture, there may not be enough for just a HKG only (though I may be wrong), but there is a growing diaspora with a need.

Forumosa is not just for Formosa. :smiley:

If we meet your demands will you release Buttercup and take Big Fluffy Matthew?

Good gried Bubba, what sort of proposal is that? You’re on the cross-strait’s negotiating team, aren’tcha, I can tell.

HG

Gus, here are your 30 threads…

[Enjoy Park97 Red Hat Party in Shanghai
[Similar forum but for Shanghai?
[Beijing
[Shenzen, China: Hell on Earth says NYT
[Counterfeit Lard in the PRC
[Finally found decent inexpensive beer in Shanghai
[Marlboro cigarettes in Shanghai?
[Expat Forums in Other Countries (and now Taiwan Cities)
[Trading Places WHITE ROC nationals entering China
[China hypertension drug sales seen doubling by 2010
[A few questions about work on the "mainland"
[RMB Currency
[Have you studied Chinese in (mainland) China?
[My five-day package tour to Guilin
[Cost of Opening a Language School in China
[Chinese Groupthink and Chinabounder
[Instant China visas obtainable at ShenZhen ferry terminal
[MOTO-GP Shanghai 2006
[China Stops the Presses - Foreign Magazines Halted
[Reasons why China sucks
[HK Frequent visitor card
[Hong kong night life - seeking advice
[HK Residents & Entry Requirements
[China - take two
[Obtaining a China multiple entry visa in HK
[My five-day package tour to Guilin
[Very unfriendly attitude at the Taipei office in Hong Kong
[Cost of Opening a Language School in China
[Pictures of China by Maohair.... OMG!
[Beijing shopgirl could be descendant of Confucius
[Hiking in Hong Kong

:smiley:

I know, you could call the forum: “Greater Forumosa”. :smiley:
That should put it on the censored list in no time flat.

China is part of Formosa … and Taipei is the Capital of Formosa, so it’s the capital of China … therefore it’s time to implement the change and add Macau, HK Shanghai, Beijing to our threads …

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Good gried Bubba, what sort of proposal is that? You’re on the cross-strait’s negotiating team, aren’tcha, I can tell.

HG[/quote]

I was OK with that…

How fluffy is he? I’ve got allergies.

[quote]I know, you could call the forum: “Greater Forumosa”.
That should put it on the censored list in no time flat.[/quote]

I like that, “The Greater Forumosa Forum”

Perhaps a forum title for issues related to life in HK, Macau or the mainland should be “Life in Communist Controlled Territories” or “Living in yet to be liberated regions.”

Ooh! I like the direction, perhaps we could call it The fifth collumnists"?

HG

I’ve always wanted to be a columnist. Or is it better to be a columnist than a communist?

OK. It’s way past my bedtime.

I’d like to create this forum today. It’ll be called “Greater Forumosa”, but we can always change the name later. Anyone interested in moderating this forum, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Anthony

I think a “Downunder” forum would be filled with tongue-in-cheek abusive nonsense. It would be great.

[quote=“Maoman”]I’d like to create this forum today. It’ll be called “Greater Forumosa”, but we can always change the name later. Anyone interested in moderating this forum, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Anthony[/quote]

I’d like to nominate that guy in the teaching forum that lives in South Korea. He has a well-balanced, informed approach, great interpersonal skills, a mature debating style, and would be able to strike a great balance between how great Taiwan is and the interests of the wider community.

Doesn’t that Goose Egg guy live outside Taiwan now? Maybe he could do it? His only other job is moderating the temp forum, and he needs more work.

“The Workers Paradise” sounds rather snappy.

So we are wheeling and dealing?

Ok, we’ll send 914 back to the Formosa team in return for a 1st and 3rd round pick in 08. Also, I want some free agency rules in place.

Buttercup, we can release, but we want Tash, not BFM.

Forget 914- his knees are shot and his maternity suit is still pending. I know for a fact his 40 time is down.

Take Tash her visa is up anyway and she’ll be going back to Croatia to make Pepsi ads and sell used tractors on TV.
Good luck trying to get her to honor her contract she does have a pregnency clause that I’m sure she will use if backed to the wall-(rumour has it she’s in the hospital getting male hormone injections)

We need Buttercup to anchor our defence at noseguard -we’re playing a 3-4 this year since our left side of the defensive line retired last year-I’m talking about The Chief. She’s got quick reaction time and is a nasty ankle biter. Deprive her of caffeine and we’ve got one hell of a wildcat plugging up the middle.

We tried BFM as outsider linebacker but he kept getting beat in the flats so Miltown is getting moved up from DB. Plus that hair thing makes it hard for him to wear a helmet.

How about we send you Sandman as a placekicker and ran the man (aka coonass aka the poster aka The ragin’ Cajun.) as a specialty team player-he fearless down field on the kick offs and can block well in the open field.