Marlboro cigarettes in Shanghai?

For the last three weeks it has been impossible to buy Marloboro cigarettes anywhere in Shanghai. Obviously there are fakes galore and fake or possibly genuine ones smuggled in from the Philippines, but no genuine official Marlboro cigarettes anywhere. What gives? Has Philip Morris given up?

Please help. I am reduced to smoking Davidoffs.

Smoking is for suckers. Quit.

Good grief! The man’s just said there’s no Marlboro reds in all of Shanghai and all you can say is quit?

Now that’s the cold disconcerting face of anti-smoker Nazidom right there in all it’s brutal simplicity.

HG

No actually I’m trying to dissuade him from inhaling poison gas.

[quote=“Lord Lucan”]For the last three weeks it has been impossible to buy Marloboro cigarettes anywhere in Shanghai. Obviously there are fakes galore and fake or possibly genuine ones smuggled in from the Philippines, but no genuine official Marlboro cigarettes anywhere. What gives? Has Philip Morris given up?

Please help. I am reduced to smoking Davidoffs.[/quote]

I guess I should bring in a few cartons when I visit Shanghai then Lord Lucan… you wish is my command :wink:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Good grief! The man’s just said there’s no Marlboro reds in all of Shanghai and all you can say is quit?

Now that’s the cold disconcerting face of anti-smoker Nazidom right there in all it’s brutal simplicity.

HG[/quote]

How’d you know it’s reds ( commie colurs ) and not whites ( flag of surrender ) ?

Lord Lucan is not one to raise the white flag.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Lord Lucan is not one to raise the white flag.

HG[/quote]

I take it he smokes those red ones then :smiley:

Go to the big supermarket like Carrefour, they have the official stuff (most of the time). City Supermarket even has imported cigarettes.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Good grief! The man’s just said there’s no Marlboro reds in all of Shanghai and all you can say is quit?

HG[/quote]

How’d you know it’s reds ( commie colurs ) and not whites ( flag of surrender ) ?[/quote]around. G

Super dooper! Reds, naturellement!

Still no Marlies. Something’s obviously up. Must ask around. Getting some supplies in from HK this evening. Must ask some of the IP bods I know. I reckon the recent surge in high-quality fake boxes (but dreadful contents) means one of the suppliers is misbehaving. We shall see.

It seems that Philip Morris and the Chinese government have finally worked out their differences and Marlboros are back on the streets. There’s an interesting story not covered by anyone. Where did the best-selling cigarette in the world and the biggest selling foreign nrabd in China go for six months? Oh well, never mind. So much for PM’s new factory in China. The fags are still coming in from the US. Hmmmm.

Inhaling Shanghai’s air through a lit Marlboro probably makes it cleaner. You should complain to the WHO that the Chinese govt. is denying you access to the medical technology you need for your existence.

Hahaha!Good one…But seriously,quit if you can.I did 3 months or so ago,& feel great for it!You’r family will thank you,too! :slight_smile:

Aren’t Philip Morris based in Switzerland now? Maybe you can have a word with them for me. The smell of cheap Chinese cigarettes and smuggled Philippine Marlboros is driving me nuts!

A word to the wise. All the foreign branded cigarettes made in the Philippines come from the same plant and contain exactly the same tobacco. That’s why they all taste the same, not because they’re fakes. Why PM allows them to make a product which tastes nothing like the rest of the world’s I have no idea. :idunno:

An arsonist should torch all tobacco factories & plantations.

Well I’m not sure about the factories, but dammit man I am doing my best on the plantations! One cig at a time, though, alright?

HG

An arsonist should torch all tobacco factories & plantations.[/quote]

Why?

If it’s because of the health issue, then said arsonist should burn McDonalds down too, and Coke, and Kraft foods and…

You get the picture.

An arsonist should torch all tobacco factories & plantations.[/quote]

Why?

If it’s because of the health issue, then said arsonist should burn McDonalds down too, and Coke, and Kraft foods and…

You get the picture.[/quote]

If needs be,yes.But that’s a bit like saying you should NEVER drink alcohol.But let’s be real about this,smoking as a whole,is FAR more devastating than MCDonald’s,Kraft & Coke.Add to this the fact that none of the aforementioned smell quite so awful as cigarette smoke.

Well I’m not sure about the factories, but dammit man I am doing my best on the plantations! One cig at a time, though, alright?

HG[/quote]

You go HGC!!Lmao!