Speaking of super_lucky

OK, I heard this from someone I consider to be a pretty reliable resource.
Granted, this was quite a while before I ever know the guy, but it sounds quite credible to me, you can judge for yourselves.

Apparently, back around '90 or so, super_lucky was working in SF as a bartender-for-hire for one of these catering outfits.
You know, one of those guys in the bowtie doling out the hootch at the open bar, like Lili Taylor in Ransom.
Anyways, the story goes, he was working this real swanky gallery show, and who should be in attendance but Christie frigging Brinkley.
And she was, accordingly, plowing through the Grey Goose Appletinis like a tranny goes through fishnets (as my Uncle Frank would say).

As the evening progresses, and CB gets more and more progressively labeled, she starts putting the moves on our man s_l, in a big way, I mean like they write about.
Now, of course, on one hand, this ain’t his first canoe trip, if you know what I mean. He basically gets paid to be around drunk broads, and it is Fran Francisco, after all.

On the other hand, Christie frigging Brinkley.

So, long story short, they end up back at her hotel and our guy spends the rest of the night and most of the next morning playing Hide the Charlie.
About noon, he beats cheeks out of there and back to his crib for some badly needed rest.
End of story, right?
Oh no, there’s more.

Four days later, he starts getting calls from her.
She’s desperate to see him again, she’s gagging for more of that hot super_lucky loving.
In fact, she tells him, she’s ready to drop Billy Joel’s tired fake-Guido ass like First Period French so she can spend the rest of her life with him.
He won’t have any of it, and actually ends up changing his number so he can be rid of her.
Apparently, when asked why he didn’t take her up on it, he said he figured her to be too “high maintenance”.
Also her squinky little eyes gave him the creeps.

I heard the exact same story, so . . . must be true.

Actually, there were two minor details that differed . . . I heard it was an Adam’s Apple Martini, and I heard that it was David Brinkley.

It ain’t West Side Story, but I appreciate the back-up dancers. And what you call fake Guido is what I reckon to be solid citizen of Boca Raton. You’re thinking he’s trying to channel Al Pacino, and I’m seeing Jackie Mason.

[quote=“zender”]I heard the exact same story, so . . . must be true.

Actually, there were two minor details that differed . . . I heard it was an Adam’s Apple Martini, and I heard that it was David Brinkley.[/quote]

You have one Brinkley you pretty much have them all, don’t you?

To be sure, I have nothing but shade and snark to throw at Billy Joel, but man, for a guy who had zero musical theater experience, he’s got the choreography on flow. I wonder how long it took them to get some of those shots, like CB getting out of the limo. Huzzah! Sharks vs. Jets! Film at eleven!

P.S. In my limited sphere of knowledge, I am not aware of any musical theater experience in Mr. Joel’s background. He could have started as a jouster at Medieval Times for all I know.

Dude, I got a lot of tables.

Which version of the English language are you lot speaking in?

1 Like

Apparently in the kind that includes phrases like ‘super lucky’ https://youtu.be/Yot0kM0HW10

And “Hide the Charlie”
https://youtu.be/zbJwjn4p0cQ

Hush now, grownups are talking here

For what it’s worth, some guy told me that, in fact, during his Junior year in High School, zender was recruited and taken on at the White House as a kind of Doogie Howser-type wunderkind on the staff of Ron Neesen. Scandal ensued, apparently, when he was discovered rogering the bejeesus out of First Daughter Mary Elizabeth Ford in the Rose Garden. In front of her cat Shan Shein, no less.
The whole deal was hushed up and never spoken of again.
So there’s going to be a bit of a Beltway bias there.

It’s said that, to this day, he’s the only person in the world who ever beat PJ O’Rourke in a game of Botticelli, playing Dot Wiggin.
Who knew.

Once again, whoever told you that got a few small details mixed up.

Replace “daughter” with “lady”; “Mary Elizabeth” with “Betty”; “PJ O’Rourke” with “Andrea Bocelli”; “Botticelli” with “Pin the Blame on the Democrats”; and “playing” with “and played in a girl band with”.

Yeesh.

I suppose next you’re going to tell me that Guitar Phil DIDN’T enjoy anal congress with Jamie Lee Curtis in the back seat of a Honda Accord on Beacon Hill when they were in High School.

1 Like

Don’t know but my old roommate once smoked a joint with her.

???
Guitar Phil is a dude, man.
What’s wrong with you???

Anyways, I don’t know your roommate, but I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t appreciate you calling him old.
Try and show a little compassion, man.

1 Like