Sports physical therapist

So I’ve been battling patellar tendinitis of the knee for about 2-3 months now. I went to a regular physio therapist and they did ease the pain. But it seems there fundamentally something I’m doing to keep irritating and putting that much work on that tendon. Could be a weak muscle somewhere that is causing it to work more then it’s suppose to. I need a sports physical therapist that understand that and can keep me on the field.

Have you considered seeing a chiropractor?

I had major issues with my knee for over a year and after multiple sessions at the local physical therapy center, cupping and laying off exercise, the chiropractor was the most helpful.

The one I went to is just north of Shuang Lian MRT on Jing Xi Street. Small place and was packed from the min I went into to the min I went out. I do not think it is covered by NHI, so 600NT for the visit. Make sure you make an appointment!

https://www.google.com.tw/maps/place/善德堂/@25.0601606,121.519658,20.79z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xb5922ed68a4832d!8m2!3d25.0601879!4d121.5194931

I’ll look into it. But my guess is that I’ve been overcompensating for my injured knee with my other knee. I just want someone that understand i need that knee for athletic purposes and fix the root of th problem instead for providing temporary relief. I workout and train and am on my feet for maybe 8 hours a day. I lightened up the training but my job requires me to be on my feet most of the day.

I know exactly what you mean. The cupping/physio therapy/resting was just temporary relief for me too. To be honest, my knee isn’t still 100%, but after some yoga and proper stretching before and after exercise, I’m to the point where I don’t feel any pain.

Make sure you wear proper footwear when you’re out and about! That helped me a lot! I’d rather commit fashion faux pas than continuously hurt my knee with every step taken.

Not a big fan of yoga haha. But it seems any medical treatment for athletes are rare. I’m guessing any serious treatment is going to cost me a bit. But it’s worth it if they can provide long term relief. I have a open roster spot for a pro basketball team next season. I’m in great shape, but I don’t have my legs to go 100% so its putting me getting in proper preparation for the next season in jepordy. If my knee doesn’t get better I don’t think I’ll have enough time to practice to inseason shape.

I wasn’t either, but a few sessions and it helped. Cross country coach used to make us do it after practice in high school. I thought it was pointless…only liked the “sleep” stance at the end. However, after a few private lessons I learned some specific stretches and it really helped.