Suggestions for a cool smart watch

So, my first brother would like me to buy him a cool watch here -he insists that Asus and HTC cannot be used there, whatever, so he prefers a watch.

I was looking at some normal watches and now they are radio controlled, GPS etc. and I thought mmm, why not go the whole way and buy an Android watch?

Problem is I do not know which parameters should one use to buy a nice one. I mean, he’s got a Samsung phone, so a Samsung watch would be logical, but is that the only choice?

Samsung watch is not Android, it’s Tizen. Cannot even find a lot of watches in Taiwan like the most popular HTCs for example and there are generally not many choices in Taiwan.

Sounds odd, but Fossil is making a run at being a smartwatch provider and is rated fairly well though not at the top.

Android smartwatch software seems to be somewhat “on the shelf” lately and no one really seems to know what is next for android smartwatch software.

Anyone bought a smartwatch in Taiwan or considering to buy one? How is it? Fossil is apparently a big seller.

Does any Taiwan phone company sell a smartwatch with a SIM to use as a phone?

I know this is little late, but I just got myself a Samsung gear sport for only 5900. It’s on huge sale now and for that price it really is worth it. I’m loving it so far!

2 Likes

Well I haven’t bought it yet so thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it out as they like Samsung stuff.

Fossil gets a good rating. Fossil Q Explorist

Taiwan = NT$10500
Germany recently = NT$8500
Online USA = NT$7500

Screenshot_20180726-185534_Chrome

That one looks cool but my audience is a 14 year old girl. Is it cool enough?

Just put it in the fridge for a few hours. It’ll be much cooler then.