Taipei Mental Health Support Group

Hi All!

As a foreigner in Taiwan, or someone that is not mono-culturally Taiwanese, it may be challenging for you to find peer support here if you have a mental disorder, or if you are dealing with difficult psychological/emotional concerns. You need the social support when you are most vulnerable, and yet, it may not be so easy to find.

This is the support group for you. I have created Taipei Mental Health Support Group through Meetup.com. We aim to create a safe, supportive, nonjudgmental, social environment for all the members. It is free to join our group. meetup.com/Taipei-Mental-Hea … ort-Group/

This group is only weeks new, so we are still exploring what works best for everyone. Ideally we will meet monthly in Taipei. Depending on how this group develops, we can have more frequent Meetups. I, a U.S. psychotherapist, will facilitate this group. This is only a social/support group, not a therapy/counseling group. No treatment will be provided. I reserve the right to accept or reject members for the comfort, trust, safety and privacy of the group.

No more isolation. Get supported and support each other, now!

To become a member of this group, you must meet the following minimal requirements:

1. Be at least 18 years old,
  2. Be bi- or multi-cultural (as, you are not ethnocentrically Taiwanese),
  3. Have or had a mental disorder or psychological issue.

(I reserve the rights to make exceptions to membership applications.)

If you are an English-speaking mental health professional with multicultural competency, who is interested in volunteering your time to help facilitate this group without advertising your business, you are more than welcome to join us!

Visit our Meetup page for more information. meetup.com/Taipei-Mental-Hea … ort-Group/

All the best!

Lillian

2 Likes

Hi lc1125hope,

my girlfirend and me life in Taipei. She suffers from anxiety and looks desperately for people who go through the same and understand her. When I saw your post, I really wanted to go to the meetup group with her but it seems that it no longer exists.

Is there currently any mental health support group you know of?

If you can recommend any english speaking counselors, I would be happy, too!

Thank you,
Philipp

Is this still happening?

Hi Philipp,

The group has been closed. I am not aware of any other English-speaking mental health support group though. You may refer to my website for English counseling: https://www.prestigetransformation.com/

I will delete/edit my original post shortly, so that no one will be looking into the closed group. I do not come on Forumosa often, so please contact me via the contact methods as provided on my website. Hopefully this response still reaches you.

Lillian

No, Andrew0409, the group is no longer available. This post will be deleted/edited shortly.

I am having trouble deleting/editing the original post, so I am just making the note here for anyone interested in the group:

The group is no longer available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are looking for English-speaking counseling, welcome to visit my website at https://www.prestigetransformation.com/

I rarely visit Forumosa, so contacting me on Forumosa may not be very helpful. Please contact me via the contact methods provided on my website.

Thank you.

Lillian Chen