Teaching without an ARC

How would teaching illegally stop you from taking a vacation. Are we talking about teaching without an ARC(the thread title) or overstaying a visa. Sure, if you have overstayed a visa you can’t get out and be able to come back but if you’re just teaching without an ARC (and don’t get caught) you can take off as much as you want.

I am assuming these people have overstayed.

I was referring to the back home part. Taiwan is now my home though, so technically coming back to taiwan is a trip back home :slight_smile:

I am assuming these people have overstayed.[/quote]

Okay, although I have known a few people who taught illegally without an ARC and just flew in and out of the country every two months to get a new visitor visa. One friend did this for well over a year. This was quite awhile ago though so maybe things have changed. Also, one of them did get deported for teaching illegally when her school was raided.

I am assuming these people have overstayed.[/quote]

Okay, although I have known a few people who taught illegally without an ARC and just flew in and out of the country every two months to get a new visitor visa. One friend did this for well over a year. This was quite awhile ago though so maybe things have changed. Also, one of them did get deported for teaching illegally when her school was raided.[/quote]
Also, all that running back and forth is costly. And if you say you are on a student visa, they may give you an impromptu Chinese test right there at the airport.

I don’t pay taxes in my home country, and I haven’t since…ever. I stopped filing in 2006, maybe earlier. I have a few international bank accounts, and my home country’s account pays for my online domain space, and nothing else. I can take a penalty for not filing my taxes, but there’s no way that they could “estimate my income” within a taxable bracket, even with my banking history. Almost everything is done via cash transactions, especially with language instruction, or so has been my experience.