The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

Lol. There’s a world outside Forumosa, you may have noticed.

Just don’t try to conflate it with contributing to a solution.

You lost me there. Conflate what? I’m all for participating or contributing, but again, what do you have in mind?

this sort of shite happens here too. i’m not too happy that my gf has to join her boss for dinner (with other staff of course) past midnight, even tho the guy is known as a pervert to the whole office. even tho he’s said weird things to her and done worse to other members of his 95% female staff. hey i’m sure this is nothing compared to other stuff that happens here but i’m not happy with it all the same.

1 Like

It is why I love many of them. The Idiots—I have never laughed so loud in the theatre (except for the scene in Silence of Lambs when the inmate yells something rude to Jodie Foster).

I thought the Idiots was a perfect critique of petit beorgousie mannerisms and was pure entertainment.

Again, I am surprised people are shocked by this. Spend any time amongst politicians, their hangers on, and powerful moguls, and you will see a demographic where sociopathic behaviour and lewdness are the norm. It is why people with great resumes such as myself take huge paycuts to work in government – lots of bread and circuses in watching bad behaviour.

This is perfectly quoted in the Netflix series Mindhunter when they compare serial murderers to politicians in terms of sociopathic behaviour being the norm.

But I think the politically correct morons in this forum are actually treating women like medieval damsels in distress. In some sectors these days (moviemaking may not be among them), the women are doing the aggressive actions/are being poster people for bad behaviour. Government is a good example of such a sector where the gender ration is 60 to 40 in favour of women and they frequently abuse power.

What Weinstein did is nasty and I love seeing it happen to a liberal bastion such as Hollywood, but I don`t see it as a huge problem gender wise.

People with access to power will do it to others. Not a gender thing. :joy::face_with_monocle: And these days women are doing it just as often as sectors become even in their gender ratios and even favourable toward women.

Of course liberal arts people brainwashed on cultural Marxism and basketweaving courses may not get it. :joy::laughing::innocent:

4 Likes

To all men that feel they have a right to disavow women of their outrage:

Here is a parable for you. Imagine you got arrested and thrown in jail for something. Upon being introduced to your cell mate, a man twice your size, he informs you that if you wanna eat, shit or sleep at all during your incarceration, you are gonna need to pipe him whenever he demands it.

And how incentive is what you just wrote? Using male on male rape and violence that happens all the time to try and make a statement? Rape is rape. Sexual assault is sexual assault. I’ve met with all kinds of rape survivors. It’s not exclusive to females. I know the purpose of the original post isn’t about That. But using something like rape in prison to prove how bad rape is…

I hate the use of Nazi, in any context. I may have previously talked about my next door neighbor, her entire family were killed, this was common in my neighborhood, which happened to be mostly Jewish.

My mom, at the end of the second world war, were amazed by bananas, they would put them in a plate and smell them, and then slowly peal them.

Can you imagine a world where you are so amazed by a banana? they create a whole ritual to eating a banana.

Some people had to face real Nazi’s Toe_Save, you really don’t want to go there.

uhm. Nevermind

You’re comparing a career choice to a jail sentence, and one of the many producers with whom it was possible to work with an inmate whose pairing process is mostly randomized.

You’re conveniently taking all the individual choices out of the discussion, just because it makes it easier to white knight.

Which men are you addressing this to exactly? I didn’t see anyone on this thread “disavowing women of their outrage.” I notice a lot of your “outrage” against other posters got deleted from the thread though. And a good thing too. It was some pretty nasty stuff.

Friggin Badges are starting to eat their own, man.

Bad sign…

@Toe_Save is right. It’s about the control part of it and I would argue that even consensual sex between a boss and subordinate is asking for trouble. It’s about the control.

2 Likes

I would say you’re taking an unusual position on individual choices, but I would probably be misunderstood, so I’ll just leave it at the vague suggestion level.

@tando I remember when the “Soup Nazi” episode of Seinfeld was new, and I don’t remember hearing “grammar nazi” before that, so maybe it’s Jerry’s fault. But the internet wasn’t really a thing back then, so who knows? :idunno:

I don’t know from Seinfeld, but that (objectionable) term has been around on the Inskranetz since at least the mid-90s…

“Soup Nazi” came out in 1995. :idunno:

Like a lot of other Hollywood insider deals, the seriously brilliant series Action! was skewering the Weinsteins as grotesque Jabba the Hutts (Jabbas the Hutt??) way back in 2000.

Such an excellent show, it’s no wonder that TPTB zotzed it after only one season.

Well then, you may be on to something there.

No soup for you!

1 Like

No big loss, considering how thin and watery the soup is in Taiwan.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCFWtZHuMs4

found this page.