The narratives about Trump thread

So the Alt Right led GOP controls all branches of government and the majority of state houses and governors, and they blame the opposition? For shame.

He can stop with crying about the military. It stays funded even during a shutdown. Thanks to an Obama signed law. Oh, since it was Obama, then he might just let it shutdown. Its all on your boy now.

Doesn’t DP sell himself as a leader?

26904627_1953621424965920_5790392077663785138_n

With this is mind, I would say as a leader, like his businesses, he has failed.

Ah, the old don’t take it personally trick.

Who takes internet conversations personally? I only engage in internet arguments when I feel my life is not empty enough.

No I do not take it personally, nor do I make it personal. What I find denigrating is the idea that the left is somehow anti-American, where I would argue that the left is more aligned to constitutional principles, than the chicken skin currently sitting in 1600. And the alt right is full of hypocrites. You want proof? OK. The recent Stormy Daniels thing. Imagine if Obama did this, years before he became president. Imagine the right reactions to it. Next, Russia. There would have been no discussion. Next. Charlottesville. Now, imagine if the Black Panthers held a rally and attacked some white people (yes I know it was a white woman killed), and Obama came out with something like “good and bad on both sides.” Do I even need to explain how the alt right led press would have reacted? Hell, they would have impeached and removed him from office within 24 hours of it.

When his advisor (or atty) came out and promised violence if he was impeached, then that ratcheted up the very toxic rhetoric. It is no longer D v R or even L v R. Those were good times. Conversations will not solve America’s problems. That time has passed.

It is time to start negotiating the divorce. There would be the Alt Right controlling their 99.9% homogenous part, and the Liberals (neo and paleo) controlling the heterogenous other bit. Neither has to complain about living under each others rule. Oh, wait. The alt-right GOP is in control of everything, and they still blame the opposition.

1 Like

No need to imagine. Clinton I had a years long affair with Gennifer Flowers and when she offered recorded conversations between herself and Clinton to the news media none of them were interested because the politics were wrong.

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/01/22/flowers.king/

CNN? Oh, fake news. What? About slamming Clinton? 100% accurate.

Yeah, I remember the Flowers/Jones thing. If I remember Bush 41 had one, too. Either way, I don’t recall if there was hush money, though.

But, alas, much to the chagrin of the AR, Clinton’s downfall wasn’t adultery. He got caught lying.

So your huffing and puffing about Stormy Daniels isn’t about partisan politics but rather sincere concerns about presidential ethics.

If memory serves, the Stormy Daniels story broke the same day that Hawaii had its false nuke alarm, and Trump’s “s___hole” remarks were leaked.

Yep, right around the time the American left and its media arm began to up armor seriously for the Dreamer fight that has now shut down US government. Last week’s digital Washington Post was all anti-Trump every hour, every day - a new level of onslaught even for the Home of the Resistance.

All in support of illegal immigration rather than US citizens. Not that there’s anything anti-American about that!

JB, divorce hah. How about the Democrats just come down off their high horse, quit slandering their fellow Americans as deplorable, and instead do the hard thinking and hard work it will take to regain ground lost since 2010 in red-state America? (You’ll need to do that anyway to gain control of 2021 redistricting.) Ignore the progressive moonbat wing long enough to slide right and find your US citizen constituency again. I hear crow isn’t that bad if its simmered lovingly enough in Napa wine!

Not necessarily!

It started at midnight on January 20th, so Donnie still had a few hours left to blame Obama.

But now that the deadline has passed, it’s time to start saying…

thanks_trump_shower_curtain

Btw for anyone who’s confused about how a majority government can’t manage its own finances, Wikiland explains:

The 2018 shutdown began at 12:00 AM EST on January 20, 2018. This was the first time since Jimmy Carter’s Presidency that a government shutdown took place with the House, Senate, and Executive Branch being controlled by one party, but the Senate’s 60-vote threshold required a bipartisan solution.

You know the answer to that JB, so does everyone in this forum. Congress needed 60 votes to pass the bill, they had 51, only i think it was 5 Democrats voted to pass the spending bill, a few Republicans also opposed it, but all the other Democrats voted against passing the bill and in effect shut down the Government.

They weren’t even opposing the bill, the reason they voted against it was on a unrelated issue (DACA) and behaved like 2 year olds having a temper tantrum.

The problem for you JB is that you don’t seem to have a core set of guiding principles which guide you and from which you look at events around you and decide if they meet or if they mostly meet what you believe in. Instead you have chosen a side, and everything you observe is compared to that sides talking points for the day, with complete disregard to objectivity or the fact you might be contradicting something you said 5 minutes earlier.

Your analysis of the financial and economics is a perfect example. You failed to acknowledge, address or whatever you want to call it, the main difference of the Trump administration and all the previous administrations before him, at least for the past few decades. Which is an emphasis on American first and less of a reliance on the Chamber of Commerce globalist guidance that favored Corporations.

Start thinking for yourself JB. Feels a lot better knowing you are free to criticize either side if they don’t meet your ideals and beliefs and you can be free to take either side on a particular issue when you think that side is in the right.

1 Like

:astonished:

@Jotham will never speak to you again!

Btw Ibis, you still haven’t answered my question. If “lower taxes will result in higher taxes” is untrue because it sounds illogical, what do you make of “lower wages will result in higher wages” or vice-versa?

Although the 5-minutes comment is exaggerated for effect, this is great advice for anybody. A bit of a golden rule, I think.

And if all Americans could learn to heed this excellent advice, I think we would see a tremendous amount of civic unity come back to the US, a reflowering of civic life.

2 Likes

Latest: “Donnie said shouse, not shole!”

:roll_eyes:

So now that shithole has been added to the list of forbidden words what are we supposed to tell ourselves when we find ourselves in some shithole? ‘This place is very quality of life challenged?”

You’re supposed to start a charity, appeal to liberal guilt (and the desire of autocrats to whitewash their image), line your pockets, and then spend your time bitching about evil, heartless conservatives.

Either that, or create a major segment for CNN showcasing upbeat, inspiring stories from the region that nobody will watch (like the ones they have about Africa and the Middle East).

Sounds like an elaborate form of human trafficking. Just enough help to earn some points but not enough to kill a good thing.

1 Like

And afterwards we can all get badges which say “I Saved Haiti. What’s Your Problem?” while throwing darts at a Donald Teump poster.

4 Likes

Another word we can’t say. I’m starting to develop PTSD symptoms that I’m not sure any replacement euphemism is going to be able to cure.