The Return of Lady X

I dunno, he just showed up and started telling people what to do, where to stand…must have gotten delusions of grandeur about being a director or something.

I dunno, he just showed up and started telling people what to do, where to stand…must have gotten delusions of grandeur about being a director or something.[/quote]

Well, if he is indeed deluded I look forward to the gratuitously shirtless cameo! :sunglasses:

How did they make that boom stand up all by itself ?

No wait, I don’t want to know. :noway:

I dunno, he just showed up and started telling people what to do, where to stand…must have gotten delusions of grandeur about being a director or something.[/quote]

Well, if he is indeed deluded I look forward to the gratuitously shirtless cameo! :sunglasses:[/quote]

Heh. Not gonna happen. If you’d seen me swimming at Maoman’s wedding you’d know it’s not exactly a stirring sight. We are, however, hoping to get Jinetemortal wrestling with Miltownkid naked in the middle of CKS square.

And Dean’s holding the boom behind Maurice’s back, thank you very much. Escher it ain’t.

Back to business: we’re looking for large radio sets, like ham radios, to use in a scene. Also, for those of you living on cool rooftops in the city, let me know and have your rooftop featured in a kick-ass rooftop chase, like in the Dirty Harry movies.

Then you’ll need a drag queen referee! PM me! :rainbow:

What could possibly be the point of making your own movie and not having a nude scene?
Post stills here please…:wink:

One of the crew posted a web page on the beach shoot, with pictures, here.

Well, four scenes down, many more to go. We’re doing the easy stuff first to get it out of the way.

Now we’re looking for an airplane interior to shoot in. Has anyone been to that Airplane restaurant in Danshui? It’s called “727” or something like that and has an airplane fuselage on the top, apparently with seating inside. Also, has anyone been to the transportation museum? I was wondering if they had plane interiors there.

Well, it’s been a year and some, and we’re closing in on the end of shooting finally. All we lack are a hotel ballroom (you know, the kind where the evil villian treats James Bond to a lavish dinner before releasing the sharks), an airplane interior, some kind of tailoring room and a place that looks like the interior of a zeppelin. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I thought perhaps some forumosans would know of some good ballroom/banquet rooms around, at least.

More info about the project at www.poagao.com

A couple more shoots and we’ll be done, well in time for Christmas. I put up the original “Clay Soldiers” film up on YouTube if anyone is interested in seeing what we’ve done and what we’re basing the present feature on.

Do you find there are any conflicts while directing Jonathon Frakes ? He being a director in his own right.

Yeah, he usually has a lot of say in the production, but I let him say whatever he wants as long as he does his own stunts.

Our first Lady X short, Clay Soldiers, is going to be broadcast on CTS at 11:30pm on February 3rd and again at the same time on February 19th. If you look closely, you can see Maoman’s hands.

As for this movie, we finished shooting in December, and I am now busy editing it together.

[quote=“Poagao”]Our first Lady X short, Clay Soldiers, is going to be broadcast on CTS at 11:30pm on February 3rd and again at the same time on February 19th. If you look closely, you can see Maoman’s hands.

As for the movie, Paradigm X, we finished shooting in December, and I am now busy editing it together. Should be done by this summer.[/quote]

I caught the last five or so minutes of it. Great stuff! Especially the motorcycle/car chase scene. From the little I saw the acting, camera work, production…looked quite good.
:notworthy: :notworthy:

Now I wished I had skipped my meeting that day when you guys and surf went to film on the off-road trail in Guanxi.
I coulda…I coulda been…I coulda been a star… :smiley:

Just so you know, I was looking for it on CTS, which is channel 12 down here in Yang Mei, but it was on Channel 11 (教育文化). I won’t be around on the 19th, so hopefully it will run at another time.

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have specified channel 11, not 12.

I could probably kick Tsai Ming-liang’s ass, but only because I’m bigger and younger. His is a different kind of filmmaking. Our film has been delayed in post production for a long time, for which I apologize, but it is still on the way. Over the intervening years, of course, every manner of movie has done what we did, so it will be full of things people will claim we stole from big-budget Hollywood flicks that were made after we finished shooting, but it should still be enjoyable.

By the way, the original thread on the movie is here.[/quote]

What I meant was that you can tell a story in a still shot like Tsai Ming-liang’s films. He can tell a story without words and going 15-30 minutes without dialogue. Your photographs do the same. Someone could spend hours looking at and looking in the background for all the stories of your pictures. That is what I meant. Of course you aren’t the same but I think you are similar in a tangential way. Framing and reservation but emotion so ready to burst out that the media has to contain it before it leaves us.

I could probably kick Tsai Ming-liang’s ass, but only because I’m bigger and younger. His is a different kind of filmmaking. Our film has been delayed in post production for a long time, for which I apologize, but it is still on the way. Over the intervening years, of course, every manner of movie has done what we did, so it will be full of things people will claim we stole from big-budget Hollywood flicks that were made after we finished shooting, but it should still be enjoyable.

By the way, the original thread on the movie is here.[/quote]

What I meant was that you can tell a story in a still shot like Tsai Ming-ling’s films. He can tell a story without words and going 15-30 minutes without dialogue. Your photographs do the same. Someone could spend hours looking at and looking in the background for all the stories of your pictures. That is what I meant. Of course you aren’t the same but I think you are similar in a tangential way. Framing and reservation but emotion so ready to burst out that the media has to contain it before it leaves us.[/quote]

Oh I see what you’re saying now…in that case, you’ll have to wait a bit longer, as this movie isn’t quite the subtle work of contemplation and coincidences you may be seeking…it’s all planned out, scripted, storyboarded and shot with multiple takes and edited together…in other words, almost completely different from what I do when I’m just walking around taking random photographs of what I see around me. The closest thing to that for me, video-wise, are the stupid travel films I make when I go somewhere. But I just slaps those together and throw them up on Youtube, as they’re not exactly award-winning material. Someday I do hope to make a film that is more considered and thoughtful, but if so it will still be a while.

I cut a trailer for the film:

The film’s done. The soundtrack’s locked, credits, titles, etc. all done. We’re now looking at distribution and festivals. Many thanks to everyone in the community for your support over the years.

dd