The Return of Lady X

For those of you who don’t know, after winning the Lady Xonline competition, Dean (aka Khandn) and I are gearing up to start filming the sequel to Clay Soldiers. We have a rough script and most of our actors (Dean, of course, as well as Maurice, Dolly, Rowan, Tony, Vincent and Azuma will be returning, and we have several new cast members as well), but we are still looking for an athletic western woman around 25-30 years old for a major role.

Unlike the last film, this will most likely be a feature-length effort. We’re aiming high with this one, but if we can pull it off, it will be an amazing flick, full of action, intrigue, and other good stuff.

We’re looking for many locations for shooting, and while I have ideas for some, I’m going to need help with others. Here is a rough list:

A secluded, white sandy beach (a la Dr. No)
Kon-tiki-esque bar (or South American flavor will do) (Trader Vics?)
A cafe in Baghdad (Mykonos? Peshawar?)
A museum in a castle
A prison, with a rooftop
A large drainage pipe in a jungle-like setting
Interior of a C130 Hercules cargo jet
Interior of airliner
Modern airport
Modern office building with glass lobby
Elevator
A surveillance van
Car park
something to stand in for part of a DC monument (the water park?)
Electronics lab
Torture room
Elaborate evil lair, complete with library and great hall
A series of rooftops suitable for a foot chase

As I said, I have some ideas for some of these, but I’m open to suggestions.

A cafe in Baghdad = Peshawar

We were thinking Mykonos, but Peshawar might do too.

A secluded, white sandy beach (a la Dr. No):
About 3 or 4 click past White Sand Beach, off on a side road, is exactly the spot you want. Even has a maze of weird yucca-like plants. I’d have to drive over there to map out exactly how to get there, you can’t see the beach from the road.
Kon-tiki-esque bar (or South American flavor will do):
Trader Vic’s?
A museum in a castle:
Taipei Story House next to the Fine Arts Museum
Torture room:
“Fishbowl” in the newsroom of the Taipei Times (where the news and photo meetings take place).

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Torture room:
“Fishbowl” in the newsroom of the Taipei Times (where the news and photo meetings take place).[/quote]

Yep. Shot from outside. Just like in LA Confidential.

There is this Alleycats place that with the right lighting could look like a torture chamber like in the second season of 24.

It’s only torture when you’re here.

I’m going take my bike out scouting tomorrow up near Baishawan for a proper lagoon, something with relatively still waters so that Urs- I mean, Dolly can appear out of the water up onto the sandy beach in one shot. Does anyone know of a proper lagoon in northern Taiwan (or in Southern Taiwan, if it comes to that)?

I know the perfect location, but it’s way down on the Hengchun peninsula.

I found a relatively empty, kind of clean-ish beach near the Fu-gui fishing port between Baishawan and Jinshan. I think we can use it for that scene, so we might be going to film it tomorrow, Saturday morning, provided our actress can get away from work that day and the weather cooperates. Anyone going our way who doesn’t mind a small film crew in the back seat?

We’ve called off Saturday’s shoot due to various reasons, but we might go next weekend. Soon, I hope. I’d really like pre-typhoon weather for this shot, but a nice day would do as well.

I’ve also just made a production journal on my website, if anyone’s interested.

Dolly in a bikini!? Wowweeee!
Best of luck to you all. Hope you find the right location shots.
I would check out Huashan for the prison. There’s a rooftop over the performance building. Looks like a prison. Drainage pipes in jungle like settings should be NO problem.

Kiss Rowan, Dean, and Maurice for me. Good luck!

:rainbow: :notworthy:

Yes, I need to go take a look at Huashan, though I understand they’ve done a lot of renovation recently.

Good news, everyone! We’ve got our home-made glidecamup and working. It seems to have stopped raining so I’ll see if I can get some test footage up soon. Cost about a tenth of the price of a professional one.

Also, we filmed the first scene, scene 2 in the script, in an all-night-til-morning session at DV8 the weekend before last. It was tiring, but it’s good to have started actually filming.

More info at the production journal.

We went to the beach on Saturday and got that scene, the opening scene, finished. Luckily it was a nice day and the water wasn’t too cold. Check the production journal for pictures and more details.

Next we’re looking at fancy restaurants that will allow us to film there after hours, some cool rooftops (purportedly in old Beijing) to run across, and a warehouse for a meeting. The next shoot will probably be at Peshawar, but we’re still looking for a proper jail environment.

Now… just let me get this image in my head on paper… Dolly, water… just like in Dr No? :noway: Nice…

That was the idea, though we made some changes here and there. As you can see in the pictures, she’s wearing a black bikini, and no belt as her diving knife is strapped to her thigh.

damn… i cant check yr journal from work. :slight_smile:

I’d rather see more of the guy on the left – who’s that? :rainbow: