The United States Has Attacked ISIS

Um, six years, at least according to my father and my uncles who were fighting Nazis that long.
[/quote]

Undercounting on both sides. The US started getting seriously involved in Iraq under Bush I, after Saddam invaded Kuwait. World War II was a continuation of World War I, which wasn’t as definitively settled by that little armistice thingy as everyone wanted to think. Then there were US troops in West Germany for quite a while afterward. Also in Japan. That whole messy Cold War thing was a direct result of World War II.

What’s the definition of quagmire again?

Right now my blood is boiling. I was over on a supposedly liberal blog, and hearing that the execution and beheading videos on youtube posted by ISIS are “fake” or “it’s the Israelis.”

Think so? OK, I really hate to do this - if you have a strong stomach, go have a look. Warning: very graphic.

If the moderators kick me out of here for this, so be it. Tonight I get to sleep in my comfortable, safe bed. Over in Syria and Iraq, a lot of Shiites, Christians and Kurds get to bury their beheaded relatives. They are fighting for their lives, all I have to fight for is the right to get my links posted.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]Right now my blood is boiling. I was over on a supposedly liberal blog, and hearing that the execution and beheading videos on youtube posted by ISIS are “fake” or “it’s the Israelis.”

Think so? OK, I really hate to do this - if you have a strong stomach, go have a look. Warning: very graphic.

If the moderators kick me out of here for this, so be it. Tonight I get to sleep in my comfortable, safe bed. Over in Syria and Iraq, a lot of Shiites, Christians and Kurds get to bury their beheaded relatives. They are fighting for their lives, all I have to fight for is the right to get my links posted.[/quote]

[color=#008000]I removed the links. Not suitable for this forum. Please do not post any such content again. If one wishes, once can readily google the same.
In the interest of fairness, I would suggest posters interested in the links should pm the linker.

[/color]

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]Right now my blood is boiling. I was over on a supposedly liberal blog, and hearing that the execution and beheading videos on youtube posted by ISIS are “fake” or “it’s the Israelis.”

If the moderators kick me out of here for this, so be it. Tonight I get to sleep in my comfortable, safe bed. Over in Syria and Iraq, a lot of Shiites, Christians and Kurds get to bury their beheaded relatives. They are fighting for their lives, all I have to fight for is the right to get my links posted.[/quote]

People are what they are. The average person is slightly delusional. Ideologues are especially delusional. After six years of an academic leftist in charge of the US, and all out of excuses for his various failures, you have to be seriously delusional to still believe in leftism.

No need to shield me, GIngerman. I’ve seen enough violence in my time.

That’s pretty funny! You are calling Barrack “Goldman Sachs” Obama a leftist?

Chavez was a leftist. Morales is a leftist. Lula was a leftist.

Obama? Maybe a centrist. Certainly a Keynesian. But not a leftist. Unless you mean from some sort of delusional worldview.

quag•mire (ˈkwægˌmaɪər, ˈkwɒg-)
n.

1. an area of miry or boggy ground whose surface yields under the tread; a bog.
  2. a situation from which extrication is very difficult.

See also “draining the swamp.”

From the horse’s mouth, so to speak, Dabiq, the official magazine of ISIS, published in English and several other languages.

Read what they have to say about the enslavement of women:

leelajacinto.blogs.france24.com/ … ment-women

I thought that was the cover of a new game for the XBox.

As I mentioned in my pm I was more interested in the liberal blog. I know that Naomi Wolf, a radical feminist who was at one time a consultant for both the Bill Clinton and Al Gore presidential campaigns, has suggested that the beheadings were faked by the US and Israelis, and the parents were actors. Was it DailyKos?- I stopped reading them a few years ago because of the conspiracy freaks.

Well, this is just dandy:

independent.co.uk/news/world … 34472.html

Let the finger pointing begin.

(Wouldn’t it be nice to have an administration where we didn’t have to argue over whose fault everything is?)

A few more nonboots on the ground, as Ozymandias grudgingly gives in to reality, just a tad:

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ … TE=DEFAULT

No combat role. We’ve heard that one before.

If anybody knows what U.S. strategy in Iraq is it’s you, Rowland. Can you enlighten us? The best I can figure is it’s to kill lots of Hajis like last time and hope things turn out differently this time.

Meanwhile, fast forward:

[quote]You will kill ten of us, we will kill one of you, but in the end, you will tire of it first.[/quote]― Hồ Chí Minh

Under the current administration, there is no strategy, unless you count making it up as you go along a strategy.

But that’s not the point. The point is for The Smartest Man In The Room to be able to say to the American people “Look, I’m doing something about it, okay? Get off my back!”

News on the ISIS front

theguardian.com/world/2015/m … wife-syria

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]News on the ISIS front

theguardian.com/world/2015/m … wife-syria[/quote]

Good for the Special Forces. Going in to clean up the messes politicians leave behind.

So… were their boots on the ground, or do they have powers of levitation?

Frack the boots. Send in the bots: and the drones.

Swarms of drones.

Warfare today is, and should be, Asymmetrical.

OTOH

[quote] Iraq’s Ramadi falls to ISIL as Shiite Gov’t refuses to Arm Sunni Tribes
Some of the problems Iraqi Prime Minister Haydar al-Abadi may be having keeping Ramadi may stem from his rift with some of the Shiite militias, who did the heavy lifting in the assault on Tikrit. Some of them have retired from the battlefield in anger because they were criticized for acting like Shiite extremists. But Sunni tribes in the Ramadi region eager to fight Daesh also complained that they have never received promised government weapons and that the government seems to be afraid to arm them.

Why exactly the Iraqi forces in Ramadi could not get reinforcements or air support is not clear. The Iraqi army also does have helicopter gunships, which appear also not to have been deployed, despite the fighting being near the capital.
[/quote]
juancole.com/2015/05/refuses … evies.html

So the Shi’ite militias are pissed because al-Abadi called them out for slaughtering Sunni civilians; the Sunnis are pissed because he’s not giving them weapons because he’s afraid they’ll either switch sides or use them to fight the Shi’ite militias.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]Frack the boots. Send in the bots: and the drones.

Swarms of drones.
[/quote]

They may be soulless killing machines but they’re OUR soulless killing machines.

We now resume our regularly scheduled Odammit foreign policy disaster:

ca.news.yahoo.com/islamic-state … 07702.html

I bet the people there pine for the good old days of 2008.

Bubbette the Predictable predictably contradicts herself:

Tough…
theguardian.com/us-news/2015 … zone-syria

but tender…
cbsnews.com/news/clinton-can … at-troops/

Perhaps this explains things:
nypost.com/2015/11/16/hillary-is … sh-emails/

It fits in with that senile cackle.