The United States Has Attacked ISIS

So… let me ask you all. In precisely which way would you prefer that He Who Shall Not Be Blamed bungle this one?

No, please. You tell us exactly how you think Obama bungled this. Don’t be coy. Spell it out.

No, please. You tell us exactly how you think Obama bungled this. Don’t be coy. Spell it out.[/quote]

Besides all the obvious ways?

I don’t humor those in denial.

Rowland,

Why are you here? You never having anything to contribute but the occasional one-liner about Obama. You never make any actual arguments, or any other type of meaningful contribution to the discussion. You basically just randomly troll threads to insult Obama. You sound like a complete lunatic. :loco:

Ah… the shoe… the other foot… time to recall and repent for all the ridiculous assertions/accusations against W. or aren’t we quite there yet? If not, I hope the hyperbole continues… just until you learn your lesson… admit your fault… tell me you like George W. and regret your nastiness… then we can all be friends.

I never made nasty comments or made ridiculous assertions against President Bush. If I did, then quote me. Go on, just one quote. We’re waiting. :laughing:

No, please. You tell us exactly how you think Obama bungled this. Don’t be coy. Spell it out.[/quote]

Besides all the obvious ways?

I don’t humor those in denial.[/quote]

You got nothing.

bleh. won’t display

So the current situation is roughly

-The U.S. is bombing ISIS to protect the Yazidis and support the Kurds.
-The Kurds, who were happy to take advantage of the Baghdad government’s humiliating defeat to expand their territory, are now being pressed by ISIS and asking for American help.
-The Shia-supremacist government of Maliki Baghdad, instead of compromising, has insisted on maintaining Shi’ite dominance.
-The Iraqi government also opposes American aid to the Kurds, on the grounds they’ll simply use it to make themselves even more independent.
-The Sunni tribes whose defection was vital to the success of the Surge won’t oppose ISIS if it simply means placing themselves once more under the control of the Shi’ites.
-Iran has moved in to pick up the pieces and is basically running the Iraqi government’s fight against ISIS.
-The evil butcher Assad in Damascus is now the mainstay preventing ISIS from taking over most of Syria.
-The Turks, who used to be the fiercest of opponents of the idea of Kurdistan, have come to an accommodation with the Iraqi Kurds in exchange for them dropping support of the Kurds in Turkey. Turkey has helped the Iraqi Kurds ship oil to Israel, which the (mildly) Sunni Islamist government of Turkey claims to despise. This shipment was opposed by the governments of Iraq- and the U.S.
-Saudi Arabia opposes the government in Iraq and Iran, because of their Shi’ite fundamentalist theocracy; and ISIS, because that kind of Sunni fundamentalist theocracy threatens their own kind of Sunni fundamentalist theocracy

-So we have Maliki’s government in Baghdad (supported by Iran and the U.S.) which opposes ISIS, the Kurds, and Saudi Arabia, but supports Iran and the Assad regime;
-The Iranians, opposed by the West, Saudi Arabia and ISIS, which supports the Iraqi government but opposes ISIS- and the Kurds, because an independent Kurdistan appeals to the Kurds of northern Iran and lessens the power of the Shia government in Baghdad;
-The Kurds, who oppose ISIS and the Maliki government;
-Ashir Bassad in Syria, who opposes ISIS but is opposed by the U.S., Europe and Saudi Arabia but is supported by Iraq and Iran;
Saudi Arabia, which opposes Iraq, Iran, Syria - but also opposes ISIS;
The USA, which supports the Maliki government but opposes the Iranians who are propping up that government; opposes ISIS but also the governments of Syria and Iran who are fighting ISIS; and sort of supports the Kurds, but only up to a point and on some things i.e. fight ISIS yay, fight ISIS to increase indepence from Baghdad , boo.

Then there’s Israel, Gaza, Hamas, the West Bank, the PA, democracy-crushing generals in Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood and the fighting in Libya.

Personally, I blame it all on Obama.

Very well put Mick.

What’s going to come out in the wash?
Nobody knows.

[quote=“MikeN”]
Personally, I blame it all on Obama.[/quote]

No. It’s global warming.

How can it be the Light Worker’s fault? He was on the golf course the whole time. Anyway, he’s on top of the situation now. He’s got his sleeves rolled up, and he’s giving orders. Everything’s going to be fine now. Daddy’s in charge.

A cocky black guy who plays a lot of golf is having a hard time of it lately. And so is Tiger Woods.

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/ … 8-20-42-24

I wonder what’s the general Taiwanese sentiment about this. Especially after the bus incident. American bullies attacking ISIS?

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“MikeN”]
Personally, I blame it all on Obama.[/quote]

No. It’s global warming.

How can it be the Light Worker’s fault? He was on the golf course the whole time. Anyway, he’s on top of the situation now. He’s got his sleeves rolled up, and he’s giving orders. Everything’s going to be fine now. Daddy’s in charge.[/quote]

You still got nothing.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]
You still got nothing.[/quote]

It’s global warming, I tell you.

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Muzha Man”]

It’s global warming, I tell you.[/quote]

:laughing: Well, at least you are a good sport about being one a one-track (t)roll. :thumbsup:

I KNEW it. That is why we need to ACT NOW!!!

A couple of links about the capabilities, tactics and strategies of ISIS and the peshmerga
talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/shock-and-awe
talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/mor … thern-iraq

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Muzha Man”]

It’s global warming, I tell you.[/quote]

Naw. While global warming was undoubtedly partially responsible for the Syrian Civil War, through drought and a collapse in food supply, the great wars caused by climate change in the Middle East are only barely starting- though ISIS is determined in its so-far successful attempt to control the Mosul Dam.

The first major global warming war will probably be over the Colorado River, with southern California playing the role of Baghdad, the state of Colorado as the Kurds controlling the uplands and the Tea Party in Arizona as the religious lunatics trying to establish a Caliphate of the Pure.

Obama’s only real fault was being foolish enough to think the U.S. would ever escape IRAQ. As long as Islam exists the U.S. is going to be trapped in its Israelophile Republican Administration Quagmire no matter which political party is in power.