The United States Has Attacked ISIS

Perhaps, Obama’s even realer fault is that he does not realize that he is neither Republican nor Jewish. With this kind of muddle-headed muddle-headedness, is it any wonder that Obama cannot figure out what to do about such a simple problem…

Or christian. “A Day of Prayer” give me a break. I would sure like to know what’s going on behind closed doors. ISIS was being partially trained and armed in Turkey and Jordon by the US and Co to help overthrow Assad and no doubt to be used against the Shia govt in Iraq if they fell out of line… I wonder what caused the falling out. I also wonder why their rhetoric is being directed at the USA and not even one threat to Islams so called arch enemy Israel?

This is horrific stuff, the world needs to unite against these sickos.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l-you.html

[quote=“headhonchoII”]This is horrific stuff, the world needs to unite against these sickos.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … l-you.html[/quote]

United? I think most people are repulsed by them. But, what have you in mind as far as action? And who will take such action?

[quote=“headhonchoII”]the world needs to unite against these sickos.
[/quote]

What’s plan B?

The pure evil seeping into the power vacuum in Iraq needs to be confronted before it turns into regional cancer but it’s debatable whether the crooked cop who created the problem in the first place is the right sheriff for the job.

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“headhonchoII”]This is horrific stuff, the world needs to unite against these sickos.

United? I think most people are repulsed by them. But, what have you in mind as far as action? And who will take such action?[/quote]

What’s your problem, you want to score points on this?

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“headhonchoII”]the world needs to unite against these sickos.
[/quote]

What’s plan B?[/quote]

Shut it mate if you’ve nothing decent to say about folk.
Three words, just about sums up your general contribution on this forum.

1. I thought you were talking about toppling Saddam. My bad. I was reading quite fast and trying to get out the door.

2. Nothing I posted above is false regarding modern Iraq.[/quote]

point taken. i probably could have been clearer. I won’t argue about modern irak. that’s been covered enough. But i presume you unlike Fred do not dispute the facts (if not the conclusion that it helped radicalise Iran) of Iraq and the Anglo-American actions behind the coup. a lot of it unnecessary Cold-war fears of the US and helping BP by the Brits (someone in someone’s pocket/getting a payday)

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“headhonchoII”]This is horrific stuff, the world needs to unite against these sickos.

United? I think most people are repulsed by them. But, what have you in mind as far as action? And who will take such action?[/quote]

What’s your problem, you want to score points on this?[/quote]

I’m not trying to score points at all.

You’re not an American. You don’t have to listen to Europeans and Canadians and Australians day after day, month after month, and year after year tell us how stupid we are and how we usually get it wrong. After the 911 attacks, many Europeans and Canadians and Australians voiced solidarity with the US. But, when we acted, of course we did the wrong thing, we targeted the wrong nation and people. We should have known better. Everyone is smarter.

So, why don’t you tell us who is going to act and what act they’re going to take. Tell us why we should unite (whatever that means) to take action (whatever that means) against ISIS. What exactly makes acting against ISIS more of an imperative than was acting against Saddam?

Really, I sincerely would like to know exactly what you (or anyone) think(s) the plan should be. That would save us all a lot of grief, wouldn’t it?

bomb the shit out of them

Well. That is to say, Special Forces directing airstrikes has worked well in the past. Are the prerequisites there for that? I think there must be sympathetic local forces we can work with, and even who we have some kind of existing or dormant links with.

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“headhonchoII”]This is horrific stuff, the world needs to unite against these sickos.

What’s your problem, you want to score points on this?[/quote]

I’m not trying to score points at all.

You’re not an American. You don’t have to listen to Europeans and Canadians and Australians day after day, month after month, and year after year tell us how stupid we are and how we usually get it wrong. After the 911 attacks, many Europeans and Canadians and Australians voiced solidarity with the US. But, when we acted, of course we did the wrong thing, we targeted the wrong nation and people. We should have known better. Everyone is smarter.

So, why don’t you tell us who is going to act and what act they’re going to take. Tell us why we should unite (whatever that means) to take action (whatever that means) against ISIS. What exactly makes acting against ISIS more of an imperative than was acting against Saddam?

Really, I sincerely would like to know exactly what you (or anyone) think(s) the plan should be. That would save us all a lot of grief, wouldn’t it?[/quote]

My plan is to donate money to help those poor folks out, beyond that I don’t have anything else I can do. I’m not sure whose grief you are concerned about.

Dick Cheney, his buddies, the bankers (GS, Barclays, guys who fixed LIBOR, etc), the top management at BP, Shell, Chevron, along with Sauds and the Hassans in chains. That’d be a start.

Good for you. But, you called for uniting… that suggests that you believe that we all should do something together.

I don’t know why you’re trying to make it seem that I am not concerned for those poor people. But, I think it clear from my question, which you have not responded to on point, that I am concerned about what action we should all take together, in unison. I mean, its easy to call for action, right?

So, what do you think we all should do in unison?

I’m not having a go at you.

Shouldn’t you be on the Occupy Wall Street thread? This one involves ISIS and its atrocities in Iraq (note the q).

As to what should be done, I call upon Germany to do all that it can to make ISIS comply with International Law. I suggest that groups in Germany look to taking ISIS to court and to engage in marches that raise awareness of the very serious nature of this problem so that people are motivated to ACT!!! We all need to ACT NOW!!! to TAKE ACTION!!! to express our OUTRAGE!!! Let’s not just talk about the problem, let’s form a committee to discuss next steps.

Fixed that for you.

Thanks Tigerman!!

And, I am SURE that when international-law-respecting-and-fearing Germans find out about what ISIS is doing in Iraq and Syria that they will be motivated to take the SAME ACTION as they did when the Russians started bullying and invading Ukraine! Whew! I know that I am relieved. Thank God for International Law!!!

I wonder if Professor Saad Ibrahim of Harvard University credits “the Obama effect” for energizing ISIS in the Middle East?[/quote]

It’s a rare day when I find myself agreeing with Tigerman about American politics, but this time we may well be on the same side.

I considered GW Bush an odious nitwit. Not qualified for the position of dogcatcher, let alone president of the USA. And the Republican Party in general…I’ll just sum it up with the word “Yuck!”

And I even voted for Obama the first time. Not because I had a great belief in him, but because team McCain-Palin made me ill.

Having said that, Obama is a nightmare. There’s a lot that I could say about this, but not wanting to stray too far from the current topic, I’ll keep my comments about ISIS. Seems that most liberals apparently have forgotten that Obama was a big ISIS supporter just a few short months ago when he was ready to bomb Syria to get rid of Assad. I stated at the time that Assad - despite numerous flaws - looks a whole lot better to me than ISIS. Obama’s excuse for wanting to bomb Assad’s troops was that his regime was supposedly responsible for a nerve gas attack on civilians, even though a considerable amount of evidence supported the notion that it was ISIS that did it. We were treated to the spectacle of Obama, Kerry and Hillary all screaming for war, supposedly to prevent civilian massacres perpetrated by the horrible Assad regime. Kerry was personally assuring us that ISIS was not so bad, they weren’t really Islamic militants at all, just a bunch of boy scouts.

Ironically, it was Russia that managed to dissuade the USA from its war ambitions in Syria.

Well, team Obama got what he wanted - his ISIS friends are now winning. And look what we’ve got to show for it - unprecedented civilian massacres.

Well, it’s nice that he wants to bomb ISIS now, when it’s almost too late. Meanwhile, Obama has returned the favor to Russia by war mongering in Ukraine, where he is supporting civilian massacres and ethnic cleansing by the Chocolate Magnate.

Can the Nobel Committee take back their Peace Prize?

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]bomb the shit out of them
[/quote]

It’s been tried. It actually helped, some - in conjunction with invasion, occupation and nation building. But the effect was temporary.

It seems the things that come closest to being effective with such people are the very most brutal responses. Two things that have never worked: ‘smart’ diplomacy and half-assed military responses.

Question for everyone:

Are things in Iraq better now that Ozymandias pulled the troops out, or worse? And it is causation, or just coincidence?

(Not meaning to let Maliki off the hook. But some people have the backbone to say ‘no’ to such fools, and some haven’t.)