Tommy's story

It’s about time you got a smaller Pussy Tommy. :whistle: Best of luck and I hope you are in a Happy place at long last.

Yay! :banana: :heart: :discodance: :bouncy: :hubba: :heart: :banana:

Best of luck in your new life adventure! Hope she’s settling in well to life in the Bay Area!

Next time I’m in Berkeley I’ll have to meet her!

[quote=“Chris”]Yay! :banana: :heart: :discodance: :bouncy: :hubba: :heart: :banana:

Best of luck in your new life adventure! Hope she’s settling in well to life in the Bay Area!

Next time I’m in Berkeley I’ll have to meet her![/quote]

Yes shes absolutely thrilled. And many of her friends have been to the bay area and had good things to say. Shes going to love so much about it i am sure.

Yes, of course, lets hang out. Go to the brewery again as well as hit a few other places.

She liked EVA but she complains all the girls speak mandarin to her (which she understands zero of).

She likes GAruda and wishes Garuda would extend its Taipei service one day to SFO :slight_smile:

Well done mate, I am pleased as punch for you that it has all worked out. Now get off the damned internet and go spend some time with your human companion! :slight_smile:

Well put! I agree with both points completely. I expect we’ll be seeing less of you online now that you have someone special to spend your free time with.

I’m very happy for you, Tommy. I know you’ve waited a long time for this.

Haha yeah for sure. Iv been all over her…hehe… and shes kicked me out of the room for a bit cuz shes just had a long journey and needs to zzzz. Understandable.

So happy for you, Tommy! Enjoy your time together!!! :discodance:

Congrats on the visa Tommy ! :sunglasses:

Good luck Tommy and I hope all works out well for you both !

All the best from Germany! I dearly wish you that this adventure will turn out positive for all three of you. Cheers!

Ha ha seeing this made my day! Congrats Tommy!

Good luck Tommy!

Hey, it’s been a couple days! What’s been happening? Uh… besides sleeping and… you know.

She adjusting well?

Shes still got a bit of a cold she picked up in Jakarta just before travelling. Which made her Taipei 24 hour stop-over less fun then it otherwise would have been. Spent the first two days sleeping all afternoon. I was smart to not take those days off and save those vacation days for when shes on USA time. Today and tomo im off so currently shes sleeping but i plan a fun filled day. Just not sure exactly what to do for today.

Thinking driving over the Richmond San Rafael bridge, after a visit to the Republic of Berkeley. And taking the ferry over to the Ferry BLDG, then a short walk to Pier 39. Thats a nice ride on waters of the bay itself. And a pretty grand entry for her first time to San Francisco itself (we came home to Concord via the San Mateo bridge when i picked her up from SFO> so shes only seen SF itself from a distance). Would have to reverse the journey to go pick up the car of course.

Or we could be mundane and take BART to Embarcadero and taking the F-market street trolley over to Pier 39 at the Fisherman’s wharf.

OR drive over the new (and very nice) eastern span of the Bay Bridge and find a place to park , say on portrero and take the 22 bus to Market Street and the F Market trolley to Pier 39. Could also do the cable car from market street to the fisherman’s wharf area.

Iv been on it three times since it just opened. The forlorn looking old eastern span built in something like 1937 is due to be dismantled over three years.

I did a special run on its last day of operation and was one of the very last people to be driving on the bridge itself at the moment it officially closed to traffic !! It was a sad and , rare for the season Foggy day. Fitting sad farewell to the old eastern span. I did the special run from the oakland side to the SF side at around 745pm and managed to get on the ramp back to the Oakland side at around 755pm and was on it when it officially closed permanently at 8pm.

Its been a bit difficult finding things that she likes to eat. Shes not adjusting well to food over on this side of the pond so far. Just nibbling at things. But shes loving the USA grapes that she had been buying in JKT for three times the price. And other fruits.

Doesnt seem to like a lot of the things I like. So its going to be a bit challenging for her to find things that she enjoys eating. Will take a bit of time.

We are getting along like the proverbial peas in a pod, so thats great. Shes chasing Whopper around (poor cat has been getting little sleep being chased by her continuously)to pick him up for hugs and iv been chasing her around for similar reasons :slight_smile:

Sounds good but a lot of adjusting to do all round. Other side of the GG bridge is lovely also. Can you send me a Burger from In-n-out by the wharf please?

The In-N-Out at the Wharf is the best In-N-Out iv had. They are not all the same. The one we have here in Concord, although filled to the rafters , is not as good for some reason.

Chinatown. Must go to Chinatown.

But she just had a visit in Chinatown ? (Taipei) :slight_smile:

I’m sure you guys will find a happy medium with food and that she should be able to find the ingredients that she likes to cook with where you are. relationships are all about these little compromises, and as long as you get along all will be well! :slight_smile:

Fnar.

I seem to remember the drive south along highway 1 is good for a weekend road trip. Not a whole lot to do, but nice scenery, and I’m sure you can make your own entertainment.

She’ll have to start cooking her own food, I guess! I think you’ll find she’s spoilt for choice once she knows where to buy the stuff she likes. I had the same problem with Taiwanese gfs in England (yeah, the same ones who would berate me for not even trying the BBQ chicken assholes and pickled pig’s ears). Also Chinatown (IIRC) isn’t just full of Chinese people - there are a lot of other Asian nationalities there, mostly selling food. She might find some homestyle cooking if you look around.

Anyway, hope it all works out once the honeymoon period wears off!