United kicks couple off flight on way to their wedding

United being aholes or unruly passengers?

On the other side of the coin (and I have no dog in this fight, mind you) I was sitting in the United departure area the other day and heard them offer $1500 plus meals for a volunteer to get off a regional flight. One of those tiny, propeller ones. So clearly they are upping the ante a bit at least.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no horror show video, so weā€™ll never know. :idunno:

1 Like

goes to show in the social media age, you need to make a scene if you get unfairly treated.

I expect flight attendants to wear body cams in the next 10 years.

Maybe in the next year. Or cameras throughout the cabin

Well I am certainly not going to be flying United . Donā€™t fly much now (thank Goodness) but am certainly going to count United OUT.

There is a price for everything so yes, if they were 50pct the price of others, then maybe. But i will expect the very worst.

And Delta has already announced they will offer just under 10,000 dollars MAX to entice customers in an over book situ.

especially for this one. it sounds quite ridiculous. why would someone be sleeping in somebody elseā€™s seats before the flight has even took off? and why wouldnā€™t they tell them if this occurred? if someone has the nerve to try to steal my seat then trust me they are not going to sleep through it.

Reports indicate the couple repeated moved to upgrade themselves to premium seats.

If there were no video of what happened to Dr. Dao United would undoubtedly be sticking by its initial ā€œbelligerent and uncooperativeā€ version of events.