US Election 2016

Holy cripe! I knew trump was a horse’s ass, but I didn’t know he was this much of an idiot. I usually would never post something so long, but it’s priceless!

[quote]hard to pick just one sound bite, but here’s a shot at the 10 best nuggets:
10. On terrorism: “Islamic terrorism is eating large portions of the Mideast. They’ve become rich. I’m in competition with them.”
9. On his GOP rivals: “The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs. They didn’t know the room was too big because they didn’t have anybody there. How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”
8. On the future of the Affordable Care Act: “Remember, Obamacare really kicks in in ‘16. 2016. Obama’s gonna be out playing golf. He might even be on one of my courses. I would invite him, I actually would say it. I have the best courses in the world so I’d say, you know what if he wants to. I have one right next to the White House. Right on the Potomac. If he’d like to play, that’s fine. In fact, I’d love him to leave early and play.”
7. On his love of China: “I’m not saying they’re stupid. I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million. Am I supposed to dislike ‘em? … People say you don’t like China. No, I love them. But their leaders are much smarter than our leaders. And we can’t sustain ourselves with that. It’s like, take the New England Patriots and Tom Brady and have them play your high school football team.”
6. On negotiating with foreign countries: “I know the smartest negotiators in the world. I know the good ones, I know the bad ones, I know the overrated ones. You got a lot of them that are overrated. They’re not good, they think they are, they get good stories, cause the newspapers get buffaloed. But they’re not good. But I know the best negotiators in the world. I’d put them one for each country. Believe me, folks, we’d do very well.”
5. On the economy: “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
4. On America’s borders: “I would build a great wall. And nobody builds walls better than me, believe me. And I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall.”
3. On John Kerry and the Iran nuclear talks: “I will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. And we won’t be using a man like Secretary Kerry that has absolutely no concept of negotiation, who’s making a horrible and laughable deal, who’s just being tapped along as they make weapons right now and then goes into a bicycle race at 72-years-old and falls and breaks his leg. I won’t be doing that. And I promise, I will never be in a bicycle race — that I can tell you.”
2. On his wealth: “I don’t need anybody’s money. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s money. I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich, I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way, I’m not even saying that in a braggadocios … that’s the kind that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country.”

1. On immigration: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.”
    politico.com/story/2015/06/d … z3dIjjORIp[/quote]

[quote=“Cooperations”]Holy cripe! I knew trump was a horse’s ass, but I didn’t know he was this much of an idiot. I usually would never post something so long, but it’s priceless!
[/quote]

I’m really hoping he makes the cut for the debates, just for the entertainment value.

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“Cooperations”]Holy cripe! I knew trump was a horse’s ass, but I didn’t know he was this much of an idiot. I usually would never post something so long, but it’s priceless!
[/quote]

I’m really hoping he makes the cut for the debates, just for the entertainment value.[/quote]

Too bad Colbert won’t run again now he is no longer doing the Report. If we can have Colbert and Trump both in a GOP debate, that’d be legendary.

too bad…

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“MikeN”][quote=“Cooperations”]Holy cripe! I knew trump was a horse’s ass, but I didn’t know he was this much of an idiot. I usually would never post something so long, but it’s priceless!
[/quote]

I’m really hoping he makes the cut for the debates, just for the entertainment value.[/quote]

Too bad Colbert won’t run again now he is no longer doing the Report. If we can have Colbert and Trump both in a GOP debate, that’d be legendary.

too bad…[/quote]
it looks like you might just get your wish, minus Colbert. But trump doesn’t seem to need him :laughing:

[quote]The man known colloquially as “The Donald” already polls well enough to secure a space in the first sanctioned Republican primary debate in August, which is being capped at 10 candidates, and likely will push one of the more established politicians off the stage.
washingtontimes.com/news/201 … z3dJofdavw
[/quote]
What does it say about the republican voters that this guy polls at all? If they were smart (they’re not), the party would come out and say “this isn’t our guy.” But who knows, that could draw more people to him. This is just one more indication that the party is a mess.

Why Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry and Carly Fiorina are serious candidates and Bernie Sanders is a wild-eyed radical:

vox.com/2015/6/16/8790357/rich-people-jerks

While Sander’s ideas are supported by the majority of Americans, they are distinctly unpopular with the 1%. In spite of the fond beliefs of our Tea Party/Libertarian friends, the MSM does not lean liberal.

Or rather, they lean liberal culturally, but not on the economy. They have some gay friends, know some educated blacks, aren’t religious, live and work in well-policed locations (so don’t support guns), and want abortions available for their wives, daughters and mistresses (but are willing to throw poor women to the religious right wolves).

OTOH, they are mostly very well-paid, have secure health plans and pensions, and can afford to send their kids to good colleges and use connections to get them good jobs. They work for extremely wealthy people, and their salaries are dependent on advertising from major corporations.

Thus they oppose raising taxes on the wealthy, job support for ordinary working people, want to cut back on Medicare and Social Security- hey, I can work till I’m seventy, why can’t everybody else? Um,because your job involves sitting on your butt in an air-conditioned studio shooting you mouth off while interns bring you coffee?

Love this response from the DNC:

[quote=“MikeN”]Love this response from the DNC:

:roflmao: much-needed seriousness! :roflmao:

[quote=“MikeN”]Love this response from the DNC:

Translation: Please be dumb enough to nominate this guy!

I am curious how the polls will change after his completely nonsensical announcement that he’s running. If his numbers go down, then that’s as one would reasonably predict. If he stays a contender, then I think that says a lot about the republican mentality. :popcorn:

The Donald’s polls numbers have went way up. In the Fox polls, he went from 4% to 11% and in all other polls he was at “not really registering”, now up to about 10%. Amazing! I guess what the republicans are looking for is a candidate who rambles nonsense endlessly and adds a dose of racism now and then.

Are these two Supreme Court decisions a boon to Republicans? The decisions on ACA and gay marriage remove two divisive issues but still give candidates a chance to grandstand to the base in the primaries, without having to actually deal with it in the general.

Trump has been fired !

businessinsider.com/nbc-donald-trump-2015-6

For a man that values his brand at 5 billion dollars, this can’t be a good thing…

Maybe you can help him with his investments?

Maybe you can help him with his investments?[/quote]

I’d love to, can you set up a meeting for us? Although on second thought, Trump is a liar. He says he’s worth 9 billion when other independent analyses puts it closer to 2-4. I’d do it for 9, but for 4, nah… :slight_smile:

What else are you going to do if you’re a billionaire with an ego the size of Trump’s?

Unlike the Kochs, Adelson, Freiss, Johnson, Singer, Mercer, Ricketts and other billionaires, each with their own pet vanity candidate on a leash they can parade around and show off to the other .001%ers- “sit up and beg, Ricky”; “roll over, Scotty,”; “jump through the hoop, Marco”- Trump can buy his own spot on the Fox stage.

He will and I’m glad for it. I can’t wait to see him in the debates. He values his brand at 5 billion but apparently nobody told him that brand value can go to zero, or negative depending on the person at the helm. My guess is in a year, despite his ego likely not being shaken, his financial pull will be seriously diminished.

“Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.” In Trumps case, he’s about to remove all doubt on the big debate stage :slight_smile:

[quote=“BrentGolf”]Trump has been fired !

businessinsider.com/nbc-donald-trump-2015-6

For a man that values his brand at 5 billion dollars, this can’t be a good thing…[/quote]
He lost his Macy’s contract today, too. So far, his stupid comments have lost his ability to broadcast miss whatever pageants and a lucrative clothing deal. I think this election is costing him more than he bargained.
ktla.com/2015/07/01/donald-trump … -by-macys/

[quote]Trump said in a statement that it was his decision to terminate his relationship with Macy’s, and accused both the department store and NBC for supporting illegal immigration.

Macy’s denied Trump’s claim that it was the retailer’s decision to sever ties.

“It was Macy’s decision,” a spokesman said in an email to CNN.[/quote]
What kind of psychology must it take Trump to convince himself he made the decision to quit on Macy’s. He’s beyond loony.

The thought of having a bush in the white house is frightening. Hilary’s that is.

Don’t matter who gets elected . Their administration and the congress will still be filled with war profiteering neocons, duel Israeli traitors and fanatical Christians willing to give God a little hand with their armageddon wet dream. The wars will continue , the people will be financially rapped to pay for them, the bankers will be allowed to make more laws to protect their booties and America will continue it’s death spiral to third world status.

When America’s best option is to choose the candidate least likely to start ww3 ,you know there is a problem.

agentsmith:

That’s sexist and offensive. Good work!

[quote=“Zla’od”]agentsmith:

That’s sexist and offensive. Good work![/quote]

Ooooh, girl germs !

Revolutionary Red Dudebros link arms; bitches in the back rolling bandages.