US Presidential Election 2004 IV

So is the Moonie run newspaper lying when it reports the results from three independent polls? er mfgr? got any proof that this is not the case and that those results are not in fact accurate? haha Once again you lose. This would be kind of boring if it was not so enjoyable to rub your lack of critical reading skills and facts to buttress your arguments in your face but think of me as a mentor. Someone who is here to teach you the ways. hahahah Back to you MFGR hahaha and try to make it good this time. Jesus! I haven’t laughed this hard since MT nevermind. I don’t want to talk about that again. hahahahaha

Don’t know if these are the very latest available:

Democracy Corps [co-founded by James Carville] 10/18 Bush 47 Kerry 50
Fox News 10/18 Bush 49 Kerry 42
ABC News/Washington Post [they’re listed separately on the page but I think it’s the same poll] 10/18 Bush 51 Kerry 46
NBC/Wall Street Journal 10/18 Bush 48 Kerry 48
Zogby[/Reuters?] 10/18 Bush 45 Kerry 45
TIPP [TechnoMetrica Institute of Policy and Politics] 10/18 Bush 48 Kerry 46
CBS/New York Times 10/17 Bush 47 Kerry 45
[CNN?][/USA Today?/]Gallup 10/16 Bush 52 Kerry 44
Newsweek 10/15 Bush 50 Kerry 44
Time 10/15 Bush 48 Kerry 47

Source: PollingReport.com, which was referred to in a Guardian article reprinted from Salon.com.

Edit: Apparently, the latest TIPP poll has it as a tie, 45 each, on another page of PollingReport.com’s website. Additionally, the CBS/NYT numbers on that page are Bush 47 Kerry 46. I can’t account for the difference in the CBS/NYT poll data.

Elsewhere,[quote=“ac_dropout”] electoral-vote.com/

Kerry wins by a landslide.[/quote]

From the webmaster of the same site: “I am a Kerry supporter.” But who knows, he may turn out to be right about who wins.

These youth soccer camp shots crack me up.

Who: Kerry.
Why: Because I disagree with many of Bush’s (foreign) policies and how he uses them / the means he uses.

With a Democrat as president you will most likely get the same policies only without congressional approval as well as without UN approval and it will be to distract attention from whomever is giving him a you know what under the oval office desk. haha

Fred, you babbling loon, Kerry would never do anything without the approval of the U.N., especially France. To quote Mr. Kerry, from this Washington Post article:

And to quote James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal:

[b]Former VVAW Regional Coordinator Accuses
John Kerry of Dragging Antiwar Organization Toward
Jane Fonda and Collaboration With the Enemy
[/b]

Monday October 18, 5:46 pm ET

West Point Graduate Condemns Kerry’s Valor Awards and Purple Hearts as Phony

ANNAPOLIS, Md., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ – In an open letter to Senator John Kerry, a former
regional coordinator for Viet Nam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) has accused the senator of
betraying antiwar veterans and dragging VVAW to the radical left and collaboration with the enemy.
Robert Bowie Johnson, Jr., an airborne Ranger infantry veteran of Viet Nam and antiwar veteran
himself also wrote in his letter that Kerry usurped the leadership of VVAW with his “phony medals
for valor and [his] three phony Purple Hearts.”
Johnson, a registered democrat, writes in his letter that most antiwar veterans told the truth
about what they saw and did in Viet Nam and asserts that they were demanding from their leaders
acknowledgement and change.
It was Kerry, Johnson writes, who took over leadership of VVAW
under false pretenses and dragged it in the direction of Jane Fonda and collaboration with the enemy.
(excerted from article)

Most interesting. More tidbits about the Democrats choice for President.

i predict bush will win, but it would be kinda funny to see kerry win and watch all the europeans gasp in horror as his foreign policy mimics bush’s exactly. :laughing:

do people in france and germany actually know that kerry said that even knowing there were no wmd’s in iraq, he would STILL have invaded? and one of his main criticisms of bush is that he used too FEW troops in afghanistan and iraq? :smiley:

I don’t know who will win, but I figure that the world may gasp in horror if Bush keeps up doing what he’s been doing over the past four years.

Perhaps because of inadequate port security, a containerload of nukes will go off in Los Angeles that will get everyone riled up again. Despite all evidence pointing to Al Qaeda operatives, Bush would probably use the other remaining half of our combat troops to invade Antarctica.

Left defenceless, even the Canadians could take us over.

Well LA votes mostly Democrat so as long as the nuclear explosion went off in the port BEFORE the election MFGR I guess that would be all right (Alert to the humor-impaired: This is sarcasm, irony and in no way reflects Frederick P. Smith’s real views)

hopefully the fallout will drift towards the valley and not down here to the oc. :wink:

Er, sorry, but the militia would make very short work of the few Canadians who aren’t too drunk or high to wobble over the border.

I find your spelling of “defenceless” interesting. Does this mean you’re not really an American?

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … _kerry_flu

[quote]Kerry team slams reports VP Cheney had a flu shot

PITTSBURGH, United States (AFP) - Senator John Kerry’s presidential campaign slammed Vice President Dick Cheney, a heart patient, over reports he had a flu shot, despite a shortage of the vaccine.

Cheney would fit into the government’s definition of those most vulnerable to a looming influenza epidemic as he has a long history of heart disease.

Bush last week suggested in the final presidential debate that the young and healthy forgo the annual shot amid a shortage of vaccine that Kerry has blamed on the president’s management of the health system. [/quote]
So, does Kerry’s healthcare plan apply to all of the elderly who have heart trouble, or only to elderly Republican leaders who have heart trouble?

What’s funniest is that the above article was from AFP, brought to you by the same folks who believe it’s ok to leave senior citizens to die in non-airconditioned apartments in Paris while the kids go off on vacation.

Really? AFP thinks it’s ok to leave senior citizens to die in overheated apartments? Wow! They sound really cruel and heartless! It’s good to have this information - now I know how terrible some people can be!

:unamused:

And didn’t Bill Clinton also get the shot?

This really is turning into the most stupid election ever. It’s more like a husband wife argument than a real political debate. Can we put both teams in a room, lock the door and through away the key (and yes they can have flu jabs if they want).

It’s not the election that’s stupid, it’s the supporters. On both sides.

Seems every election year some folks bemoan the state of political campaigning and the general lack of civility involved, and seems too that I read an article like this every election year. Here are some excerpts from the article:

[quote]Whenever I hear the complaint that today’s politics has reached unprecedented levels of nastiness, I recall that poster from what was supposed to be a “golden age” of politics, brimming with civil discourse, bipartisanship, and national unity. In fact, politics for our parents’ “greatest generation” was just as boisterous, nasty, and over the top as it is today - indeed, as it always has been, for Americans.

Why? Because our democracy is grounded in realistic expectations about how politics would be conducted, once the rule of the “enlightened” few gave way to the sovereignty of the everyday person. The Founders believed, as James Madison noted in Federalist No. 10, that “So strong is this propensity of mankind to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions and excite their most violent conflicts.”

Is incivility a new and growing threat to American politics? No. American politics has always been robust, edgy, overstated, and “simplistic.”

Only in the eyes of certain elites is our politics today more than ordinarily nasty. And the solutions to that nastiness just happen to augment the influence of those very elites. Though they argue for a transcendence of the Founders’ low expectations for American politics, even they live down to them. In the closing days of this election season, American citizens should celebrate, enjoy, and throw themselves into the exasperating, wonderful spectacle of our presidential election.[/quote]