US Presidential Election 2004 V

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … ent_kicked

[quote]Colo. Teacher Kicks Student for GOP Shirt
DURANGO, Colo. - A part-time college instructor has apologized for kicking a student because he was wearing a Republican shirt.

Fort Lewis College student Mark O’Donnell said he was showing people his College Republicans sweat shirt, which said “Work for us now … or work for us later,” when Maria Spero kicked him in the leg at an off-campus restaurant.

Spero then said “she should have kicked me harder and higher,” said O’Donnell. “To physically take that out on someone because you disagree with them, that is completely wrong.” [/quote]
Needless to say, the student is pressing charges against the instructor, and is filing a formal complaint with the college.

It should be noted that this was at an off-campus restaurant, and that the instructor who attacked him claims she didn’t know he was a student – in other words, she was simply randomly attacking a Republican. Sounds like a hate crime to me!

Bush has been “dry” since he got religion. Can we trust a boozer like Kerry with the presidency in this era of nuclear weapons and terrorist attacks?
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … 1910310026

Also note that he is not raising his pinkie in the manner approved by the French-Swiss finishing school that he attended. For shame! Or wait – is he? That pinkie is curved outward a bit! :noway:

My prediction: Bush 273 Kerry 265

[quote=“Tigerman”]Did any of you read The Chicago Tribune’s Endorsement of Bush? I think this is the first time this paper did not endorse the Democratic presidential candidate.
.[/quote]

Ummm, the Chicago Tribune has not endorsed a Democratic candidate in well over a hundred years- though they did go for Teddy Roosevelt in 1912.

They were the source of the infamous “Dewey Defeats Truman” headline in 1948.

If the Bush administration says it’s sunny outside, you’d better check a window. Didn’t know we’d started to clone troops!

Nice going on the facts again, Tigerman.

In the closing moments of the election, the Libertarian candidate is going haywire with tons of ads showing on Fox News in the swing states and gunning to be a spoiler for Bush.

salon.com/politics/war_room/

'Badnarik is spending $500,000 on advertising in select swing states, and by his campaign’s own admission, he’s targeting conservatives with commercials on Fox News Channel. One TV spot begins with a man at his kitchen table throwing down a newspaper in disgust and telling his wife “That’s it! There’s no way I’m voting for Bush again. He claimed to be a compassionate conservative, but what kind of conservative runs half-trillion dollar-a-year deficits, or gets us into an unwinnable war?”

'The campaign’s communications director, Stephen Gordon, expects Badnarik to siphon a substantial number of Republican votes. “There’s a lot of disconnect between true conservatives and the Bush government over deficit spending and the war,” Gordon told War Room. “Bush’s support is very weak, and I think the Libertarian factor is going to be pretty significant this year. People are dying, and our supporters are very, very, opposed to the war in Iraq.”

‘But Republicans have more reason than Democrats to be worried. Badnarik is on the ballot in nearly every state, while Nader has only qualified for 35. And while polls show that Nader’s support has declined since the last election, Badnarik is likely to do better than the Libertarians did in 2000: In the few voter surveys that bother to include him as a candidate, some have shown him pulling in one percent support nationally. A Rasmussen poll commissioned by the Badnarik campaign showed him with 2 percent of the vote in Wisconsin, 1 percent in Colorado, 3 percent in Nevada, and as much as 5 percent in New Mexico. And that was before the Libertarians started their advertising blitz.’

twocs, the fact that you are resorting to arguing that taiwan is a part of china shows exactly why most taiwanese who oppose unification see bush as the pro-taiwan candidate.

when bush misspoke, he called taiwan “the republic of taiwan”. when kerry misspoke, he call on taiwan to accept “one country, two systems”.

quick anecdote. my mom, who has lived in the us for 22 years, has never voted in a us election in her life. she has absolutely no interest in us politics. mostly she gets her news from really biased dpp sources on satellite. she’s what you might call a hardcore dpp supporter. a few weeks ago she asked me to get her an absentee ballot so she could vote for “bu-xi”. i asked her why and she said that “bu-xi dui tai-wan hao”(well, she said it in taiwanese, but you get the idea). if she was motivated enough to vote for bush, i can only imagine that the dpp partisans are pushing bush hard.

US Economy Still Growing

[quote]…[color=red]the U.S. economy just turned in a solid growth performance in the third quarter of the year, accelerating to a 3.7-percent annual rate of growth. That keeps the economy on track to record its third consecutive year of accelerating growth in 2004[/color].
[/quote]

[color=blue]A ray of hope that someone influential in the U.S. has a clue about the real issues . . . [/color]

. . . while the United States was so self-absorbed, China accelerated its breathtaking run to become a global financial center, the world’s manufacturing hub and the price-setting consumer of oil and other commodities.

China, India and Japan have been creating an economic platform to make this the Asian century, while U.S. resources, manpower and policy initiatives have been poured into the dangerous conflicts of the greater Middle East.

Even on Iraq, George W. Bush and John Kerry were neither comprehensive nor candid with the electorate. They covered over the centrality of Israel to American policy and international standing with competing platitudes or silence. While the Great Satan was navel-gazing, Iran and North Korea pursued their nuclear ambitions without hindrance.

“It is now a choice between the inane (Kerry) and the inept (Bush),”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10801-2004Oct29.html

A thought-provoking article. His observations on the american electorate are pertinent to this forum as well. :s

[quote]This campaign has empowered the emergence of a permanent opposition in American politics that owes allegiance not to recognizable political philosophies, heroes or traditions but to the sneer and the art of denigration by the one-liner.

That is not to say that politicians do not deserve to be ridiculed or satirized when they stumble. It is to marvel at the absolute moral superiority – expressed toward both Kerry and Bush – and the unshakable certainty about distant events and complex societies that have been voiced in public speechifying and on op-ed pages and television news shows fake, semi-fake and real during this campaign.
[/quote]

First they argue against cloning, now they clone the troops!

Question Time, the BBC’s premier political programme chaired by David Dimbleby, was in Miami for a US election special programme on 28 October.

He was joined for the debate by writer and film-maker Michael Moore, former speechwriter to George W Bush David Frum, former advisor to President Clinton Sidney Blumenthal, journalist Richard Littlejohn and Lida Rodriguez-Taseff, chair of the Miami-Dade Electoral Reform Coalition.

You can watch the whole programme here.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/q … 957715.stm

Right. A real intellectual. Here’s a great quote:

“And there’s the Victoria Memorial, built as a memorial to Victoria.” - David Dimbleby

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:

50 reasons to vote for Bush.

americandigest.org/mt-archiv … php#002445

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]50 reasons to vote for Bush.

americandigest.org/mt-archiv … php#002445[/quote]

Thanks for that–that’s the biggest bunch of hypocritical BS I’ve seen in a long time.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”]50 reasons to vote for Bush.

americandigest.org/mt-archiv … php#002445[/quote]

Thanks for that–that’s the biggest bunch of hypocritical BS I’ve seen in a long time.[/quote]

Even more than “Killer” Kerry’s threats against terrorists?

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:

All of the atrocities shown on that website are true. All those buildings destroyed, all those crimes committed, all those innocent people murdered. All true.

But it’s the world seen through blinders. Only half the truth is there.

When you take the blinders off you see dead children, mutilated bodies, the smoking rubble of cities worldwide and you realize the whole truth is a much different picture.

"Tens of thousands of civilians were killed and wounded. Many were disfigured as a result of Israel’s use of cluster bombs, which international laws ban in civilian areas, and whose delayed and far reaching explosion causes wide-ranging damages.

Estimates place the number killed at around 20,000, those wounded at 30,000, while approximately half a million people were made homeless."

[quote=“spook”]All of the atrocities shown on that website are true. All those buildings destroyed, all those crimes committed, all those innocent people murdered. All true.

But it’s the world seen through blinders. Only half the truth is there.

When you take the blinders off you see dead children, mutilated bodies, the smoking rubble of cities worldwide and you realize the whole truth is a much different picture.

"Tens of thousands of civilians were killed and wounded. Many were disfigured as a result of Israel’s use of cluster bombs, which international laws ban in civilian areas, and whose delayed and far reaching explosion causes wide-ranging damages.

Estimates place the number killed at around 20,000, those wounded at 30,000, while approximately half a million people were made homeless."[/quote]

So, the Kurds were gassed because of the Israelis? The Christians in Maluku and Sulawezi massacred because of the Israelis? The black Sudanese because of the Israelis? Right. Thanks for straightening me out. Can you loan me your copy of the Protocals of the Elders of Zion? I’d rather read the book than the online edition.

aztlan.net/protocols.htm
throwthejewdownthewell.com