WCIF a bike box or store to pack one

I’m looking to ship a bicycle out of Taiwan. Where can I find a bike box, boxes big enough to pack a bicycle, or a store that could pack it for me?

Plan is to mail it by the post office.

Where are you located @nonredneck ?

Taipei.

1 Like

I usually just go to the nearest bike shop. Boxes from new bikes usually just put out for recycling - just get one of those

Where in Taipei? :rofl::rofl:

Anywhere in Taipei is fine for me.

The Giant shop in Minsheng Road between Jilin and Sonjiang might be able to help you. I recently brought my bike to Taipei and I had it re-assembled there. They sell bike bags on a pre-order basis.

Also interested in this. And are bike boxes allowed on the new MRT to the airport?

@nonredneck sorry for the late replies, was away for a cycling event this weekend.

Almost every shop will be able to do this service for you. Just comes down to convenience. Price is anything from 800-1000NT. I can suggest the Merida shop in Neihu has good service and competitive pricing. Tell them I sent you.

I’ve gone through the process with a few guys I’ve met here on the forums and most of the shops we asked have charged the same amount for the box to helping you dissemble and pack the bike into the box. I know, it’s stupid, I’ve asked a friend who works at a shop and he says that those boxes will just get recycled anyways.

Yup! Make sure you take the express train. There’s extra space for luggage on those trains.

Extra luggage space in all carriages, do you know? But thanks anyway, I’m sure someone will advise if I show up with a bike box. They’re normally sprinting over to help if I dally at the turnstiles, on a regular journey.

I believe so. If you ever been on the Airport Express in HK, the carriages look pretty much the same.

If you search Youtube for videos of the opening day, I’m sure you can get a feel of what the station(s) and carriages are like.

You’ve been absent from the forums for awhile, left Taiwan and now coming back?

Ha, no I’ve been here in Taiwan. Just snapped my femur in half back in Jan, that’s all :sunglasses:.

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone knows a place where I could find a bike box in Kaohsiung? Most likely returning home sooner than expected. I’ve visited the bike shops near my hotel and even a carrefour and had no luck sourcing a cardboard box to either ship it home or take it on the flight with me, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Were any of the shops Giant shops? If they weren’t, I’d highly suggest hitting up Giant shops. They have high turnover and volume, so you may have a better chance there.