WCIF a "Buffalo Wing" place in Taipei?

I humbly submit…

Mayan
393 Xinyi Sec. 4 (by WTC, b/w Keelung & Guangfu)
02-8789-6292

They are “hot wings” not “Buffalo Wings,” but definitely worth try. We make them from our homemade Diablo sauces (Devil’s Water, Tears, or Blood depending on your tolerance for heat) and serve with a cilantro yogurt sauce and celery sticks. The chicken is fresh, not frozen so that differentiates us from most places serving hot wings. They are pretty spicy so if you’re not used to real hot wings stick to the Devil’s Water version. If you love spicy then order them with some beef enchiladas or volcano shrimp tacos. Hope you love 'em!

-Erik

Buffalo don’t have wings as far as I know … It’s a scam

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

[quote=“Mayan”]I humbly submit…

Mayan
393 Xinyi Sec. 4 (by WTC, b/w Keelung (Jilong) & Guangfu)
02-8789-6292

They are “hot wings” not “Buffalo Wings,” but definitely worth try. We make them from our homemade Diablo sauces (Devil’s Water, Tears, or Blood depending on your tolerance for heat) and serve with a cilantro yogurt sauce and celery sticks. The chicken is fresh, not frozen so that differentiates us from most places serving hot wings. They are pretty spicy so if you’re not used to real hot wings stick to the Devil’s Water version. If you love spicy then order them with some beef enchiladas or volcano shrimp tacos. Hope you love 'em!

-Erik[/quote]

You just made me drool. Do you air EPL games tomorrow?

[quote=“hs172”][quote=“Mayan”]I humbly submit…

Mayan
393 Xinyi Sec. 4 (by WTC, b/w Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) & Guangfu)
02-8789-6292

-Erik[/quote]

You just made me drool. Do you air EPL games tomorrow?[/quote]

We mostly air US sports (NCAA, NFL, MLB, NBA), but if its on TV, and no other special event is on, the staff will be happy to put any game on for you.

This buffalo wings joint reopened, under the name Wing Hut! Same owner (Jason Su), just different location.

My husband and I stumbled upon this place after visiting a 2nd hand bookstore across the street. This place was so curiously hidden in a small alley** that we just had to give it a try. So glad that we did. We’ve finally found a joint in Taipei that can satisfy our buffalo wings cravings, without the fuss of conventional places such as TGIF or Hooters.

This place is not about ambience, it’s about food. If you are looking for a no-fuss, non-mainstream joint dedicated to making traditional buffalo wings (much like “Freddie’s BBQ Ribs” from HBO’s “The House of Cards”), this is it. Everything is made on order so the wings are hot and crisp and full of flavor.

WING HUT - The Buffalo Wings Expert
Xinsheng South Road, Section 3, Alley 76, No. 10-2
新生南路3段76巷10-2號
02-2369-3966 (Jason Su)

Mon-Fri: 5pm-8pm; Sat-Sun: 12pm-8pm*

*The place just opened so the hours are not set. Call Jason before going.
**There is a yellow signboard inside the alley that says "巷仔內“. Don’t be afraid, you’re in the right place! That’s the Chinese name for Wing Hut.

[quote=“Josefus”]I can’t believe none you actually know where the best place really is.

[quote]Some people take pride in discovering a new restaurant and passing it on by word of mouth and in the process making the place their own.

A few years ago I made such a discovery, Win House: The Buffalo Wings Expert. More food stand than restaurant, it was nestled between two clothing stores across the street from Yongkang Park (永康公園) and served the best buffalo wings I’d ever had in Taiwan.

Then, almost as soon as it opened, the place closed. Fortunately, Win House (贏家) reopened six months ago in a somewhat expanded location in the same area across the street from Mister Donut, just off Xinyi Road.

What went wrong the first time? Owner Jason Su (蘇宏卓) gave me the skinny: the popularity of his other restaurant meant he didn’t have time to attend to his burgeoning buffalo wings business.

Su does his buffalo wings old style. No sacrilegious breading here, just a proper interpretation of marinade and carefully timed deep-frying.

Win House (贏家): The Buffalo Wings Expert
Address: 186, Xinyi Rd Sec 2, Taipei City (台北市信義路二段186號)
Telephone: (02) 2395-4849
Open: Daily, 11:30am to 10pm
Average meal: NT$150
Details: Chinese and English menu; credit cards not accepted
Old standards such as buffalo hot, which come in mild, medium and hot, and the slightly sweet Moroccan hot, which also come in mild, medium and hot, appear alongside honey mustard, smoky and spicy honey mustard. For local palettes, Su added Taiwanese-style hot buffalo wings.

The buffalo hot was, well, just that: hot. I went for dala, or big spicy (大辣). The vinegar and cayenne flavor crept up and remained pungent long after the juicy and surprisingly un-greasy wings were devoured.

The four-piece chicken wings portion (NT$60) is a little expensive so it’s better to order the 10-piece portion (NT$140) as there’s a buy-10-get-two-free special. Another NT$60 will get you crudites (carrot and celery with a side of ranch dressing or any of the sauces applied to the wings) and French fries. Buy 100 wings (NT$1,150) and get 20 free.

The flour tortillas — vegetable and chicken (NT$60), meat sauce (NT$65) and chicken with meat sauce (NT$70) — are also recommended.

Win House comes in for two small criticisms. Four low-cut stools at the front of the store provide the only seating, so the menu is essentially for takeout. Secondly, and perhaps more distressing for veteran buffalo wing lovers, there is no blue cheese dressing on the menu. But Su said he will try to remedy this in the future. — NOAH BUCHAN[/quote]

This place is awesome.
They have like 9 different flavors.
But it isn’t a sit-down restaurant.[/quote]

Yesssss! I’m going back to this place again, asap.