We witnessed a beat up at club

Yesterday we went to a club in southern Taiwan and witnessed how the bouncers beat up a guy to the point he started to bleed seriously and got thrown out of the club, immediately after the cleaned all the blood and few minutes later one policeman came to check inside, there was still a splash of blood they couldn’t clean, the policeman saw it but apparently didn’t bother to look at it twice.

My question is if it would be worth to go to the police and report what happened, I’m sure if they check the security cameras it will show everything

Short answer is no.

It happens all the time and the person probably did something for that reaction regardless of its not a appropriate response. Usually they have a backroom with this kind of incidents. And bouncers will always have the benefit of the doubt. Even with video which the club has to willing give if not erased if it looked bad. They can just say the person was saying threatening things because there’s no audio and most likely the person was drinking anyways so their words hold little value.

Why would you even go to the police for this?

2 Likes

It happens every day every night every minute of the year all over the world.

If you feel like you need, then go to the police and tell them you witnessed something. And also be prepared that someone could complain that you did not assist in anyway so maybe you were guilty of a crime also. Or someone can maybe sue you for being complicit.

Do what you think is right.

1 Like

I’m sure the dude had it coming. And if the police gave a crap they would’ve done something the night they first came.

1 Like

IMG_20171203_025711

It’s some blood. It happens when you get your ass kicked. I’ve seen more blood from a running bloody nose in a sparring session on the mat.

The person that got beat can go to the police himself if they find the force to be excessive. Idk I’m in the school of thought that you should mind your own business with some extreme exceptions. Two men fighting at a club isn’t enough for me to give it much thought.

In all my time working with clubs, I’ve never had a case where bouncer just randomly beats a client for no reason.

The police have already investigated, so you’re going to have to handle it quite carefully if you go to them. Telling them they haven’t done their job isn’t going to go down well - however accurate. Perhaps “I wasn’t interviewed about the incident last night and I think I have some new information” would be the best approach. Be aware that they’re not going to do anything about this.

Most guys have been on the receiving end of a kicking in their lives. As long as no permanent damage is done it’s often a positive learning experience.

3 Likes

Yeah, blood. Okay.
It’s not like the guy was murdered and can’t advocate for himself. If he wants to go to the police to report this, he will do so. Besides the police already checked it out, and didn’t deem it worthy to follow up on. Don’t be such a busybody. Yes, you should intervene sometimes (eg: someone in mortal danger screaming for your help, or a rape in progress, etc), but a bouncer doing his job (albeit too enthusiastically) doesn’t qualify imo.

1 Like