Weird message from HR regarding leave days

Yeah, I wouldn’t have a clear plate until Oct any friggin ways.

That’s exactly when I plan to launch my new business venture: Hire a WingMan.

For an all expense paid trip to the beach of your choice, (plus a modest stipend) you can have a companion that will laugh at all your jokes, no matter how lame. He will be your designated roller and make sure your glass is never empty.

October is booking up fast. Act now to ensure a quality companion.

1 Like

Thanks anyways, if I go, I’ll be taking my bodyguard/aide-de-camp, Uncle Parkash

Singh

who’s been with me since the Hindu Kush.

He beats me at backgammon, he can fly a helicopter, and he always finds the good limes for G&Ts.

3 Likes

Please also take into account that in October we have a rare “4 day holiday” - meaning a weekend, and a Monday caught between a Tuesday off- hence, book early, and expect overcharge.

Backgammon you say? Consider the gauntlet thrown down. Green Hornet…you pick the day.

Too late now.

I’ll enjoy having an empty city to myself and the gf that week.

1 Like

May be they want to improve the team’s average performance :smiley:

1 Like

You know, I get the feeling you don’t really get this whole misanthropy deal…

OK, well my team leader just heard from HR, it is as you say, apparently.
They claim the law has changed and there’s no more rollover of unused leave to the new year, and they’re required to reimburse in lieu (not sure how exactly “required” they are, but so far they’re playing ball). Obviously, they’re eager to avoid the massive cash outlay this represents.

In fact, they’re currently offering a deal where if we take 5 days together, they’ll give us an additional one gratis.

1 Like

They are required, there’s no option for them. You are either taking the time or getting paid.