What are you listening to? (Part 3)

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]For Sunday services…

Crazy On You - Heart[/quote]

The guitar intro on that song is fantastic. A pretty good Canadian band (well half Canadian). The singers lived in Taiwan for a few years to (when they were growing up).

The Kinks.
Townes Van Zandt.
Scissor Sisters.

And, av kors,
reigndear
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =215199744

Conjures quite an image

One of the cheesiest videos of all time (especially his stalking of the blind chick).

youtube.com/watch?v=PDZcqBgC … re=related

In a nostalgiac mood. Listening to the angry, hi-energy punky stuff I grew up on as a teen screaming at the walls at the injustice of the world and my place in it.

First up: Mott the Hoople. All the way from Memphis, baby. Roll away the stone. Death may be your Santa Claus! All the young dudes, carry the news.

Right now: the Clash. So punk they transcended punk. Make every other punk band look like the poseurs they are. Sandinista! right now - London Calling (the greatest album of the past 28 years, so far) next. “Ask the Dalai Lama in Tibet / How many months did the Chinese get?”

Rare event - Juba bought a CD. It’s K T Tunstall’s Drastic Fantastic. I got interested after hearing her version of Let’s Stick Together. Just now I saw her cover of the Undertones’s Teenage Kicks on YouTube. Ace! She’s great. I’m in love, I tell ya!

Little-seen footage of Eric Clapton, SRV, Slash, etc. Click on the link, trust me, you will NOT regret it! Absolutely hilarious stuff. It didn’t actually make me pee in my pants but it came close.
http://www.panopticist.com/archives/1185.html

Be quick, though, as some of the featured musicians have been complaining and getting the vids pulled from you tube.

I can’t find my ass. It got tired of all the giggling and went for a walk.

[quote=“sandman”]Little-seen footage of Eric Clapton, SRV, Slash, etc. Click on the link, trust me, you will NOT regret it! Absolutely hilarious stuff. It didn’t actually make me pee in my pants but it came close.
http://www.panopticist.com/archives/1185.html

Be quick, though, as some of the featured musicians have been complaining and getting the vids pulled from you tube.[/quote]
I must not be much of a Clapton fan because I thought it was really him.

Listening to some classical Bowie:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueUOTImK … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=qSfndZfK … re=related

The Dirtbombs - We Have You Surrounded

The first Australian punk band and the greatest Australian punk rock album - hell, perhaps the greatest Aussie rock album, period (and yes, I’m quite familiar with the Go-Betweens, AC/DC, Midnight Oil, the Easybeats, Radio Birdman, the Church, INXS, etc.). I’m talking about the Saints’ second LP, Eternally Yours. This rocks as hard as the Pistols and Clash. Damn great.

“Cheap advertising / You’re lyin’ / You’re never gonna give me what I want”

Next up: PIL, Metal Box/Second Edition

Bass, bass, bass. Jah Wobble was the heart of this band. Too bad Johnny Rotten was such a freaking wanker to fire the most talented member of the band the very next album. Dance music that engages the brain! What a concept! Much more cerebral and ultimately interesting than the Sex Pistols, in not as viscerally immediate. The most important dance rock album created by white people in the '80s?

Too bad that every single thing that Mr. Lydon did after this LP was total gobshite

Jem-24

i rarely listen to woman artist, but she has great voice.

Fuck this and fuck that! Fuck it all, fuck that fucking brat! I don’t want a baby that looks like that! She don’t want a baby that looks like that!

BODIES! I’M NOT AN ANIMAL! I’M NOT AN ANIMALLLLL!

Ah. Quite cathartic.

Punk rock died the day when some kid said, "Hey Dad, can I borrow your copy of Never Mind the Bollocks?

Gene Clarke - White Light

The most angst-ridden and talented of the Byrds. Hearing his solo records is like having your heart slowly ripped out. In a good way. Not that many songwriters writ of heartache quite as heartachingly as Gene. RIP. I won’t feel a whole lot better when you’re gone, and I definitely ain’t gonna be eight miles high…

Matellica - Die die my darling
----------- No leaf clover

Lisa Lashs - The Drill

Wire’s album “154” from 1979. How is it that I have lived my life and never heard Wire before? This album would have been a natural choice after enjoying XTC’s “Drums and Wires” back then, but I guess I was too young and ignorant to know about these things.

Interrupting my train of thought
Lines of longitude and latitude
Define and refine my altitude

John Coltrane:
A Love Supreme.

Always got classic Bowie on my playlist, been hooked on him since I was a child… Pulled out some GBH the other night, got me a little rowdy so I decided to down 30 taiwaners and I had the shiats from that episode for two days. Thanks GBH. So the past few days I have been listening to some DK, but today Roy Orbison.

Bodies, what an all-time classic. One of my all-time favorites.