What do you think of Geocaching games in Taiwan?

My suggestion would be to go and search for some yourself, then you can get an idea of which types are appealing to you and therefore would probably be appealing to others. This is actually what Groundspeak suggests.

Believe me, there are plenty of folks here who go hiking in the mountains to look for caches. But yes, you’d need to be willing to take care of them like you said. It’s pretty frustrating to come upon a cache that has several DNFs but the CO (cache owner) won’t/can’t do the maintenance.

Personally speaking, the ideal cache is located in an area that holds some kind of interest, which for me is usually a nature area. Some folks really enjoy city caching, which I also like; however, I’ve found when I’m having a bad day (DNFs, technical problems, bad weather) I can still enjoy the search in natural areas, but not so much in the city. Any size is OK, but I like containers that can fit TBs. I hate nanos, but if they at least have a hint to narrow down the location then I’m fine with them.

Being creative is always appreciated by geocachers, and your placements so far have been quite creative. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

My suggestion would be to go and search for some yourself, then you can get an idea of which types are appealing to you and therefore would probably be appealing to others. This is actually what Groundspeak suggests.

Believe me, there are plenty of folks here who go hiking in the mountains to look for caches. But yes, you’d need to be willing to take care of them like you said. It’s pretty frustrating to come upon a cache that has several DNFs but the CO (cache owner) won’t/can’t do the maintenance.

Personally speaking, the ideal cache is located in an area that holds some kind of interest, which for me is usually a nature area. Some folks really enjoy city caching, which I also like; however, I’ve found when I’m having a bad day (DNFs, technical problems, bad weather) I can still enjoy the search in natural areas, but not so much in the city. Any size is OK, but I like containers that can fit TBs. I hate nanos, but if they at least have a hint to narrow down the location then I’m fine with them.

Being creative is always appreciated by geocachers, and your placements so far have been quite creative. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thanks, Steve!

My experience as a cache owner has been great, finders (including you) are dropping really nice comments, making me want to hide more caches with interesting content in interesting places. It’s quite a challenge to find good spots in the city, cause there are people EVERYWHERE. The teapot cache was actually taken apart (found it open with content scattered about; who did that?), so it was good that it’s on my way to work, I spotted the open cache immediately. Yeah, maybe I should start searching myself, but I am a lazy butt… so better be easy to find. :sunglasses: