What happens to president horsey

We’ll see. If it turns out that Ma has, in fact, committed a crime, then I hope he is prosecuted. I certainly won’t be whining how it was just political and such. Chen broke the law and he is rightfully in jail. If Ma has broken the law too, then I hope he ends up in the same place as Chen.

Yes, but I don’t recall when Chen was being investigated that the Minister of Justice was castigating the press for being unfair to someone his department was investigating. The conflict of interest and the lack of impartiality is staggering.

Yes, but I don’t recall when Chen was being investigated that the Minister of Justice was castigating the press for being unfair to someone his department was investigating. The conflict of interest and the lack of impartiality is staggering.[/quote]

I haven’t seen that one, yet…but on a related note, today we have the person Chou (the one claiming to have inside knowledge that Ma received these contributions from Ting Hsin) claimed as her inside source claiming that Chou completely misrepresented his statements.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003607856

Chou had a private conversation with Chang in which he says she claimed that Ting Hsin had made up to 1 billion NT in contributions to the KMT and he replied “most people in the private sector know that if Ting Hsin were to make a donation, it would donate NT$200 million at the most.”

She evidently misrepresented that statement as Chang saying that Ma had accepted 200 million NT from Ting Hsin.

Everything is still under investigation, but Chang seems to be a pretty trustworthy guy that has been pretty outspoken against the Ma administration and corruption in general. Doesn’t seem like he’d be one to lie about this. Chou seems much more the media hog.

Ma’s lieutenant Luo Chih Chiang admitted meeting with Ding Xin “4 times” in his 8 month stint as the deputy secretary of Ma’s office. Luo denies Ma’s knowledge about his meetings. Although there is a tape-recording of Luo admitting that he was sent by Ma.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6t2X9re76Y (news)
wetalk.tw/thread-21930-1-1.html (there is a screenshot to Chou’s FB page where you can find the mp3 file)

[quote=“sofun”]Ma’s lieutenant Luo Chih Chiang admitted meeting with Ding Xin “4 times” in his 8 month stint as the deputy secretary of Ma’s office. Luo denies Ma’s knowledge about his meetings. Although there is a tape-recording of Luo admitting that he was sent by Ma.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6t2X9re76Y (news)
wetalk.tw/thread-21930-1-1.html (there is a screenshot to Chou’s FB page where you can find the mp3 file)[/quote]

“Admitting that he was sent by Ma”?

Not exactly. He was visiting the family around the New Year holiday and said something on the lines of “I bring New Year’s greetings from President Ma.”

And is it that surprising that leading business leaders would receive holiday greetings from the president? This proves jack squat about anything.

picosong.com/5BmY/
MC(not Luo):「第三個部分送給我們三董是我們總統的紅包袋,第四個是總統在用的筆筒。各位,這就是總統特別請我們羅秘書長帶來的祝福。希望說,在座的每一位朋友們…」

Starting from 0:21 is Luo’s voice, where he admitted that Ma sent him.
羅:「那因為馬總統喔他有還有一些公務再忙喔,所以說,他知道宗親們在這邊有一個很盛大的聚會喔,那也是,就是魏家喔對成美堂這邊啊也很大的投入,那他知道,哦就請我這邊來代表他來表達總統對於成美堂…將來可以照顧地方,然後讓地方有一個非常弘揚台灣文化的一個園區喔、表達他的一個致意喔[/b]」

The above is the transcript of what Luo actually said.
Luo was just appointed Deputy Secretary of the Presidential Office when this happened. Everybody knew that he represented the president, because he did, and he also said so himself. He specifically said that the President sent him.

Another thing. This happened barely two days after Wei went to the presidential office to brief president Ma. 2 days, people. 2 days.

Illegal or not, him having anything to do with the Weis is a huge blow against the government. But at this point it’s basically a hobbling blind/deaf/mute government waiting to die.

I really don’t see it that way. The president of a small nation like this is surely going to have some sort of relationship with the heads of the largest corporations in Taiwan. Wishing a happy New Year doesn’t imply any sort of improper relationship. Obama (and previous U.S. presidents) often send holiday greetings or congratulations of significant events to prominent members of society (actors, important business leaders, etc.). If one of them ends up being a scum bag, that doesn’t put any sort of shadow on the president. I just don’t see how wishing a CEO a happy new year on behalf of the president implies an inappropriate relationship.

[quote=“sofun”]http://picosong.com/5BmY/
MC(not Luo):「第三個部分送給我們三董是我們總統的紅包袋,第四個是總統在用的筆筒。各位,這就是總統特別請我們羅秘書長帶來的祝福。希望說,在座的每一位朋友們…」

Starting from 0:21 is Luo’s voice, where he admitted that Ma sent him.
羅:「那因為馬總統喔他有還有一些公務再忙喔,所以說,他知道宗親們在這邊有一個很盛大的聚會喔,那也是,就是魏家喔對成美堂這邊啊也很大的投入,那他知道,哦就請我這邊來代表他來表達總統對於成美堂…將來可以照顧地方,然後讓地方有一個非常弘揚台灣文化的一個園區喔、表達他的一個致意喔[/b]」

The above is the transcript of what Luo actually said.
Luo was just appointed Deputy Secretary of the Presidential Office when this happened. Everybody knew that he represented the president, because he did, and he also said so himself. He specifically said that the President sent him.

Another thing. This happened barely two days after Wei went to the presidential office to brief president Ma. 2 days, people. 2 days.[/quote]

Who cares? AH!! The president’s deputy secretary wished a happy new year to one of the most prominent businesses in Taiwan!! CONSPIRACY!!!

Chou is stretching here. She desperately trying to show an improper relationship between Ting Hsin and Ma, but I just don’t see it. No evidence that he took large personal contributions or anything. This is just smoke and mirrors. IF solid evidence is presented, I will gladly change my tune on this. Until then, there’s nothing to see here.

yeah but we’re already past the stage of confirming that Ma has anything to do with Wei. Everyone in Taiwan knows Wei is Ma’s biggest backer. Wei also co-chair ed Ma’s “food-safety committee.”

:blush:

To be honest not that different from the pharma and food people in FDA in the US.

If you ask me what Ting Hsin boss did? My best guess is he did what any smart businessman would’ve done. He donated to both sides. I’m just wondering why neither party is willing to come hard at him. He probably has many politicians in good pocket.

[quote=“JillyPolla”]To be honest not that different from the pharma and food people in FDA in the US.

If you ask me what Ting Hsin boss did? My best guess is he did what any smart businessman would’ve done. He donated to both sides. I’m just wondering why neither party is willing to come hard at him. He probably has many politicians in good pocket.[/quote]

Sadly, you’re probably right. Hopefully he doesn’t have the courts in his pocket.

well, since President Ma’s handshake of death was discussed in this thread, I guess this goes here.

facebook.com/10000008983153 … =2&theater

President Ma visits the airport to observe the sniffer dogs in action. The airport police was trying to get one of the sniffer dogs to shake President Ma’s hand. I guess President Ma’s reputation has gone before him, the dog just didn’t even want to get close to President Ma. So the airport police had to drag him and force him to shake hand with president Ma. Poor dog… He was wearing shoes though, so maybe that wouldn’t count towards his karma.

It is relevant to note it has been scientifically proven that dogs are not friendly towards people who are not nice to their owners. They are friendly to people who are even neutral to their owners, but not towards perceived enemies.

OTOH, I have pics with CSB and most of our bosses, but none with His Handsomeness. Now that you mention, I did shake his hand last year close to New Year… that explains a lot. Where should I bai-bai?

Ma’s Handshake of Death legend continues…

Remember when Xi shook Ma’s hand at the Ma-Xi meeting? Well, now Xi is in a world of trouble.

The scroller reads President Ma shook hands with Chuck Norris…

He’s a shoo-in for the Confucius Prize.

Ma rejects opportunity to take over world, asks for less responsibility:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2016/11/18/2003659495
After an alleged instruction from the Chinese embassy (Ma’s claim), the World Chinese Economic Summit bestowed upon him the title of “H.E. Ma, Ying-jeou, World Chinese Leader”!

All hail the world leader!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Alas, he wasn’t ready for such great responsibility, so he made his own name tag.