What Movies Are You Watching? —2017—

A nice explanation for Warren Beatty’s inability to think on his feet, or think at all, when obviously handed the wrong card:

1 Like

They identified the Price Waterhouse partner responsible. Wonder if Price Waterhouse should get this job next year? I say NO>

LOGAN. Thumbs up.

Rented Redbox for Manchester by the Sea and what was that other one?? Trying to remember.

Manchester was definitely worth paying 1.50 for but not worth the price of a movie ticket (cept when its 5 dollar tuesdays, then maybe). Great acting. But like someone said. Just a lot of sad people in a sad place.

Saw BFG on netflix. Got a bit boring but turned out to be not too bad a movie. Worth watching with your kids.

Will review that other movie i Redboxed soon as I can remember what it was…wasn’t very memorable I guess.

I think I will Redbox Fences rather then paying for it at the movie house.

For those who don’t know Redbox has red boxes all around with dvd and blue rays you can rent. About 1.50/night.
Pretty good service when you want to rent a movie.

Drop it back off at any other Red Box.

OH ok, i saw ARRIVAL. Was OK.
Not worth seeing twice

LalaLand. NOw that is worth seeing twice.

YES! Two thumbs up!

I just saw it last night and man was I happy I went to the movie theater to watch it. I was hesitant at first because it was an X-men movie, but you really don’t get the vibe that it’s an X-men or even a comic book movie.

Quite possibly the most epic moment in the movie was when

X23 flipped the cross to an X. Epic nerd chills and feels!!! The gf was also crying like a baby at the ending. She said I was sou-less for not getting emotional. I was pretty upset, but I didn’t feel the need to cry haha!

I slept on it and thought, wow, I couldn’t see or think of any plot holes in the movie, but after sleeping on it

Where the f is all this adamantium coming from? Am I getting things mixed up? Vibranium (Cap’s shield) is the rarest metal on earth, but I assume these two fictional metals don’t grow on trees. However, X23 and X24 are laced with it.

Since Deadpool was set in 2016 and Logan set in 2029, and they’re probably going to do another X-Men prequel surrounding the Jennifer Lawrence/James McAvoy/Michael Fassbender cast, do you think someone somewhere could in a few years convince Hugh Jackman to return for an X-Men cameo or two?

From what I was told, adamantium was the military’s response to creating artificial vibranium. :nerd_face:

You’re killing me by not replying to my spoilers :smiley:

I think Hugh Jackman stated in an interview that he loves playing the part, not sure how he if he’d do another cameo, but I’m sure the fans wouldn’t be disappointed.

I did! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beauty and the Beast was pretty good. The theatre was packed. Very unusual for our area. Mostly by kids though.
And everyone (mostly) clapped at the end.

Kong was pretty good. A bit of a yawn to start, but got ok later on. Is it on in Taiwan?

Yah, it came out at around the same time Logan came out.

Not that much hype for Kong from what I saw at the theaters.

Kong has traces of Apocalyse Now in it. And tried to have a bit of Top Gun half naked men playing volleyball or something (hint to Icon) and had a woman main figure who’s main claim to fame seems to be her smile (that’s all she does in the movie).

Other then those sad attributes, it was not entirely bad.
Wife had to keep me from snoring in the beginning though.

Oh yeah and it must have been at least partially chinese financed because it had that same woman from that chinese lizard movie (Great Wall) in it. She seemed kind of out of place in Kong (while not so in Great Wall) and less cute in this movie. IN fact not cute at all.

I liked the first Kong a lot because it had that awesome old school movie vibe, gorgeous photography, and of course, Adrien Brody. I have no plans to see Kong in cinema because honestly, trailer does not look attractive, do not really like the actors, except John Goodman, and I have a rule of thumb that if the marketing is excessive, it is not going to be a good movie -meaning if the ad plays on my ATM, I will not see it.

The first Kong?! More like the seventh. Jackson’s version was pretty good, but I like the 1970s version with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange better. It had more of a cheesy but fun vibe to it.

I saw Monster (2003) the other day. It was incredibly sad. I would probably rank Charlize Theron 2nd out of all Best Actress winners since the millenium, only second to Goddess Marion Cotillard.

I also saw Badlands (1973) and I guess Terrence Malick is just not my cup of tea. It’s a bit too philosophical. Sissy Spacek was really good in it though.

They just announced a sequel to Wreck it Ralph. Not really necessary but I do not really mind. I like it a lotta.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/03/29/wreck-it-ralph-2-release-date-title-revealed/

The 2018 sequel will be called Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2, possibly hinting that the lovable cast of arcade game characters will literally enter the world of the Internet and online gaming. This was previously hinted at last summer, when the film’s directors hinted that the film will possibly have a nod to TRON.

I’m watching The Expanse

I like SciFi so this show is great for me.

Eh Wreck-It Ralph is amongst the most overrated Pixar/Disney films in recent years imo. Frozen too.

The Incredibles is getting a sequel too, now that’s a sequel I’m looking forward to see.

1 Like

Yes. Yes, it is good. Highly recommended for anyone who likes sci-fi, although I hope Season 2 shows up on Netflix Taiwan soon. (Fair warning: S01E04, I think?, is a bit of a slog - but it picks up a lot after that.)

But do note it’s a TV show, not a movie.