What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

I recently binged the first season of “The Expanse” on Netflix. It’s not bad - it’s the best new semi-hard sci-fi I can recall seeing since “Battlestar Galactica”, but it’s certainly not at the level of BSG Season 1. I gather Season 2 will start in a month or two, but I have no idea when or if it’ll show up on Netflix here.

I also went through a lot of “Rick and Morty”. It consistently made me laugh a couple of times per episode. Amorally dumb. Rick Harmon, creator of “Community”, is one of the main writers; I imagine “Rick and Morty” is the show that darkest-timeline Troy and Abed would write.

I liked the puzzle-box side of “Westworld” a lot; the character side, not so much. Take Season One of “Lost”, add sensible resolution of most of the mysteries, and subtract interesting characters - if that sounds appealing to you, then you’ll enjoy “Westworld.” One very good thing about the first season of “Westworld” is that it stands fairly well on its own, whereas with “The Expanse”, it’s more like, “Well, this could go somewhere good, even if it’s not there yet.”

All existing Star Trek series are now on Netflix Taiwan. If you like Trek in general and haven’t yet seen “Deep Space Nine”, I highly recommend it, but just watch in the background until Season 3 or so (there are probably websites that can tell you which episodes to skip). Now at least I can watch “Voyager”, which is something I want to do. I’ll probably watch “Enterprise” one day too just because I’m a completist, but I haven’t heard much good about it.

1 Like