Where did my posts go?

Original Title: I don’t understand the rules.

So many times people come on here and post about ignorant Americans, or BLATANTLY attack the whole forum…naming posters and going on about how stupid they are.

But those posts remain. My posts keep on disappearing. What was wrong with my post about my friend being ok in Thailand?Or the fact that I think the media concentrates too much on Thailand…and tourists? Or was my post moved somewhere else more appropriate? And if so, where is it?

I have no idea what is right and wrong here.

At the top right of the Forum Index page, click on ‘Your Posts’.

You will then see that al your posts about friends in Thailand are in the Open Forum.

If you ever think your post has been moved, and are not sure where to find it, just search ‘Your Posts’.

Brian

If it was moved, you can find your posts by clicking on “view your posts” on the main forum page. If you still can’t find them, I don’t know where they are either :idunno:

You have 2 posts that mention Thailand [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/christmas-tsunami-and-taiwans-missing-expats/14493/3 and [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/9-0-earthquake-and-consequent-tsunamis-hit-asia-hard/14487/15

Or click on the profile icon at the bottom of every post that you make. Then click on the link that says “Find all posts by Battery9”. The mods move a lot of threads around, and often don’t have the time to inform the original poster. In order to help them out, use the search function before posting a new topic. It makes things a lot easier if you add to an existing topic rather than starting a duplicate thread…

I found it. So I guess from now on every new topic made about the tsunamis will be moved there…

Thank you.

Hello everyone. I want to find some information(threads) relating to the differences between Kaohsiung and Tapei. I’m sure the thread(s) already exists but when I do a search, it brings up between the two city names(threads names, etc) something like 150 pages.
From what I’v read, it’s better to post in existing threads rather than replicate a topic and it makes sense. I’ve been searching for almost one hour and still no results as to what I want to read about specifically although I’m sure it must already be archived.
Is there any tips I should know about using the search engine to save going through so many pages when I do a search.
Can I limitate my search to a specific forum?
If I can’t find what I’m looking for, should I just start a new thread and add a note for the moderators about my hesitancy.
When you start a thread, how do you basically make sure it hasn’t been done already? There’s over 250 000 articles posted…That’s an overwhelming amount of information.

[quote=“hatch”]Hello everyone. I want to find some information(threads) relating to the differences between Kaohsiung and Tapei. I’m sure the thread(s) already exists but when I do a search, it brings up between the two city names(threads names, etc) something like 150 pages.
From what I’v read, it’s better to post in existing threads rather than replicate a topic and it makes sense. I’ve been searching for almost one hour and still no results as to what I want to read about specifically although I’m sure it must already be archived.
Is there any tips I should know about using the search engine to save going through so many pages when I do a search.
Can I limitate my search to a specific forum?
If I can’t find what I’m looking for, should I just start a new thread and add a note for the moderators about my hesitancy.
When you start a thread, how do you basically make sure it hasn’t been done already? There’s over 250 000 articles posted…That’s an overwhelming amount of information.[/quote]
When i use the box on the upper right corner of every page on the forums, I enter the words “Taipei Kaohsiung” - I get only 26 pages and about 380+ messages
When I add the word “schools” after the names of the two cities, it refines the search to 37 posts.

In other words, the search up there works for me, and works similar to how you refine searches in google. The more terms you add, the closer you get

Or try clicking on SEARCH above to search in only particular forums

Enjoy

Don’t worry that search button pisses me off too, thats why I don’t use it anymore, too bad cant have some sort of google search on this site.

What are you talking about? You can google Forumosa - just type in what you are looking for and add site:forumosa.com

I just performed the same search above (key words: taipei kaohsiung) and google gave me 58 listings. When I added schools, it refined it down to 15

In other words: BOTH the Forumosa search box and Google work

I found/ noticed the AND function this week when searching.

post AND pisses

helped a lot.

The search box in the upper corner of every forum page has a default AND setting (in the full search form, this is the Use All Terms setting)

Thanks guys. :slight_smile: This really helped me save time searching. It still takes a bit of time but nothing’s perfect.(aside from my good looks of course…)