Are posts being deleted?

[quote]FWIW I can see the reason for “snap decisions” - how often have people bitched and moaned that something wasn’t deleted/floundered quick enough/at all? [/quote] Care to post a link?

[Where was my post moved to?

[Feedback regarding Forumosa's Moderators 2005

[Where did my posts go?

[quote=“miltownkid”]
I’m not even certain why a flounder forum is necessary (maybe it is and I haven’t seen the light though). Once a thread gets “stale”, it’s basically auto-floundered after hitting the second page worth of posts, without needing any thought on the part of the mods or hurting anyone’s feelings (well, my feeling get hurt Sad ).

Some people say it’s hard to tell when I’m being serious and not being serious. I feel that my posts are assumed as being the latter more often than the former. I personally don’t like having my posts get floundered, and I have a feeling a lot of people feel the same way.

Note: This was posted after a mild drinking session. It appears to have more feeling in it than I’m usually willing to put online.[/quote]

Now has anyone ever posted something like this because they were offended that something was NOT removed? BTW, miltownkid runs his own board. www.miltownkids.com Call him melodramatic or hyper-sensitive if you like but I think his feelings are shared by many others. Many more links and quotes are available but I think this is enough to demonstrate the irrelevance of your comment.

Posts are sometimes offensive and the posters are called up on it. Other posters will seldom complain that posts should be removed but I have yet to see a thread started for this purpose alone. On the other hand, people complaining and starting threads because their posts were floundered or removed are abundant as mentionned in this thread alone.

Another thing, the complaint you are talking about are usually posted because the post they wish to see removed is still archived. What I read often (once the posts in question were actually removed) are thank yous to the moderators, not criticism.

Snap decisions are snap and snap isn’t thoughtful. Sometimes, a swift decision is good but these decisions do not mix well with “I’m busy, don’t have time and it doesn’t matter anyways” attitude. Besides as mentionned, brian’s responses show IMO that he’s either overwhelmed, careless or both. The fact that he acknowledges the "possibility"that he made mistakes and doesn’t act on it, is also regrettable.

As for your last comments to Jefferson, this place is appropriate and Jefferson is posting about Forumosa, in the proper forum and he’s doing so in a very constructive manner. Calling him a “pussyfoot” is not constructive Sir. He gives the details he wishes to give and you are free to do the same.

Adress the message, not the messenger. :loco:

bobepine