Where will you be watching the World Cup + England shirts?

Who is “bashing” him, that’s a little strong. Though I would argue some have good reason to. What about that “guy” who was getting smothered on here for his Brass Monkey behavior with a “young lady”? Or the feral cat shooter? Almost all the bad stuff about those guys were totally hearsay and conjecture, yet people really did bash them.

I’ve seen nobody “bashing” M on this forum, EA. And to be blunt, I have seen him turn people off with his behavior in his establishments, that directly affects your enjoyment of his places (which in my opinion are actually very good and well done places). How is that different from that guy at Feebies or whatever who was arguing with people on here to death - people slammed him a lot harder, man…

Cheers for the remarks, difficult to be a business and everybody’s best friend at the same time, perhaps some should remember that I have supported amateur football, all sorts of other functions and events, much more than others.

The world Cup is shown at both the Tavern-Premier and Capones. Capone’s underwent a renovation and all games are shown in true High Definition and when I say so, I mean true HD not something streamed or off MOD, etc. Commentary in English, no adverts during the game. If you like a VIP atmosphere in an upscale environment, Capone’s is your place. Reservations Tel. 27733782 or wc2010@capones.com.tw

At the Tavern-Premier with crystal clear picture, commentary in English no adverts during the game. Games with team Germany will be shown with German commentary in designated areas. Our spacious Garden has a new cooling system, is mosquito free and smoking is legal at any time. Reservations Tel. 87800892 or wc2010@tavern.com.tw

Wish everybody a very enjoyable world cup tournament, it is going to be an outstanding month.

Times I’ve been there, I recall Niall keeping those full-height full-wall doors open to the garden, wherein lie the hordes of insect messerschmidts…[/quote]

Measures have been taken to improve the mosquito situation over the past week which have helped considerably inside. I can’t promise that you won’t be bitten in the garden area outside. However we’ve got plenty of mozzy spray behind the bar for anyone who will be spending a lot of time in the garden.

Anyways Spain All The Way!! :bow:

Slainte,

Niall

If you’ve fixed up that mosquito issue, I think me and the boys will show up then, hopefully for the Portugal-Ivory Coast game… next weekend at the latest.

Sounds good TwoTongues!

I’ll be going for the Ivory Coast in that game ref the colour of their flag. Yes,I know…I’m a simple man :blush:

If I could stand more than 30 seconds of televised fitba’, I’d be at the Taipei Artists Village for sure.

I wrote up an entry on my blog with Taipei World Cup info including television, schedule and venues (including drink specials). I will be keeping it updated.

Taipei 2010 World Cup Guide

[quote=“chainsmoker”]I wrote up an entry on my blog with Taipei World Cup info including television, schedule and venues (including drink specials). I will be keeping it updated.

Taipei 2010 World Cup Guide[/quote]
Nice work, especially on the schedule.
:thumbsup:

[quote=“chainsmoker”]I wrote up an entry on my blog with Taipei World Cup info including television, schedule and venues (including drink specials). I will be keeping it updated.

A very good effort, Chainsmoker!

I still don’t get what time to realistically start watching…

I was talking about the opening ceremony. I’m no longer drunk and have checked your timetable and it seems 8pm would do nicely. I wonder at what point they’ll wheel out Nelson Mandela!

Malibu West or My Place will show every game.

San Miquel 100NT @ Malibu although they have food and drinks specials.

Malibu would be best for winding up the Yanks on Saturday, although England could draw this game. Slow starts are normal. Many winners start off nervously and defend the 1st few games. Can be boring!

Too many years of hurt let’s hope England win. Also back Holland @ 10/1 Get on!

www.taipeipubs.com

Indeed, England’s group games can be painful to watch. We need to start with all guns blazing, but i fear a cagey, tense game with the states.

Very sad news about Nelson Mandela’s 13 year old great grand daughter who died in a car crash last night on her way back from a celebration concert.

I’m watching now from Oola. I heard the lineup/crowd at the BM was insane!

If you still want England T-shirts, in Xindian, the sports store at the new mall on Jienguo and Minchuan has them, official ones, only 600nts.

Not many left. For other teams, they got couple of Brazil, Germany, Japan. That’s Addidas, official logo. One Mexico left.

Non official, Nike or Puma, they got some of the African teams - no South Africa. But these designs are even cooler.

$600? How can they do that?

(I’m quoting back several pages here…)

I’ll probably get to Eddy’s for a few games, but not sure which ones. It also depends on persuading the wife that she’s interested in sitting in a crowded restaurant, watching a sport she knows nothing about.

TKU/ Tamkang has got a fair number of international students who will likely be heading there, since as far as I know it’s the only venue showing games in this part of town. It’s up to you whether or not the presence of those students is a selling point.

Who knows, maybe even Taiwanese TKU students will be filling the place up - a lot of my students seem keen on the tournament, and I didn’t notice that last time around.

Eddy did mention on his website that he’s already full for some of the games.

(Seriously? $600 in Xindian? I may head there tomorrow then. Or someone also mentioned store near Gonguan in the WCIF forum.)

They had a number of real kits - Brazil, France, South Africa, all by Addidas I think. They were $1500+. There was a Nike white cotton t-shirt that had an England flag in the middle and some slogan. But certainly not a football shirt. I don’t think England shirts exist in Taiwan (though I got one last time).

I’ve just been that sports store as I live close by but didn’t see any england shirts. I did see some brazilian, french, spanish, and german ones and a few others and they were priced around NT$1, 800.