Would you date an older woman/younger guy?

if you are a woman, would you ever date a younger guy? if you are a guy, would you ever date an older woman?

I am the older woman. :slight_smile:

One year older. :wink:

When I was in my early 20’s I was dating a woman in her mid 30’s.

The sex was fantastic, but we didn’t really have a lot in common.

After that experience I would have to say no, I wouldn’t; and that would go for dating a younger woman, too.

Why not. Half my exes have actred like kids anyways.

In Taiwan, if you hope for any mental stimulation at all, the local girl better be at least 28-30 or exceptionally well-travelled / educated overseas. This, I have found, is necessary for her to have any opinions at all, any commonsense, and any independence to speak of, characteristics I find attractive. That means that for a lot of fresh-out-of-university guys, like I happened to be when I first came to Taiwan, dating older women is the only (intelligent) option.

Of course, not everyone is looking for stimulation of the mind.
:whistle:

Younger men good.

I 100% agree. My past relationship with a local girl had me frustrated beyond belief. I’m 27 years of age and she is 25. Amazing how unreasonable she could be. I could go on because this is fresh on my mind but it would turn into a rant instead of an answer.
-Educated
-Well Travelled
-Commonsense
-Easygoing
-Attractive
Sometimes I feel like that is asking too much. Sign me up for a the Lotto. I think i’d have a better chance.

I 100% agree. My past relationship with a local girl had me frustrated beyond belief. I’m 27 years of age and she is 25. Amazing how unreasonable she could be. I could go on because this is fresh on my mind but it would turn into a rant instead of an answer.
-Educated
-Well Travelled
-Commonsense
-Easygoing
-Attractive
Sometimes I feel like that is asking too much. Sign me up for a the Lotto. I think I’d have a better chance.[/quote]

Looks like you’ve given up on the female TW population! :wink:

How about a little bashfulness here Sir… :wink:

bobepine

All men good.
If a guy has got IT it doesn’t matter how old he is. Guys from around 25 to 35/40, but anything outside that range should be good dating material no matter how old you are. Don’t know if this applies to same-sex relationships, though. My gay friends mostly hate younger guys as relationship partners. I say :loco: .

Personally (yeah, who else) I would date a younger woman but not an older guy, this for obviuos reasons. :laughing:

Serious now,

This is well put and I couldn’t agree more.

I’m so not letting you near my son again! :wink:

And me the younger guy. Not Jubom’s guy though, but still two years younger than my dear.

Last night I went down to 7-11 for a beer around 2AM or so and happened to meet two Japanese ladies. Last night in town. I imagine they were around 35 - 40 but I found myself thinking “you know if I wasn’t married I could imagine doing a sushi roll with these two…”

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]When I was in my early 20’s I was dating a woman in her mid 30’s.

The sex was fantastic[/quote]

Found this out as well about a year and a half ago. Haven’t dated a female younger than me since.

I would like to date an older man, in hopes that he brings a level of self actualization to the relationship that a younger man doesn’t have. Yet, dating an younger man has it’s advantages,IMO, only in the sexual way. They can last longer, and are eager to have fun. :smiley: (tongue in cheek) But then again, I haven’t dated a younger man, so I can’t only subjugate them to a generalization…

Younger man have a pop off valve of about 3 mins but we have the stamina to go all night if need be. Lots in the sack but cash is where we lack.

There are some very rare exceptions, of course. Mine is going on 19, educated locally, untravelled, and was discussing Rousseau and Tolstoy with me today.

There are some very rare exceptions, of course. Mine is going on 19, educated locally, untravelled, and was discussing Rousseau and Tolstoy with me today.[/quote]

It’s not really about the age, it’s about exposure to different cultures and open-mindedness. But I have to agree with Monster. When I was a college kid, plenty of time, energy and passion but no money. Now, a little wiser, more $ in the pocket but a little lacking in the energy department. I’m happy most of the time just lazing around the house and relaxing with a drink. Hehehe, becoming a fuddy duddy now… :smiley:

[quote=“M0NSTER”]
Younger man have a pop off valve of about 3 mins but we have the stamina to go all night if need be. Lots in the sack but cash is where we lack.[/quote]

Not having cash is a plus, I think.
Some men can be a bit dominating in a bad way in a relationship. Confident in themselves and insisting on being seen as equals in terms of dreams, desires, etc. OK. But dominant in terms of telling you which friends to see, what to wear, what NOT to wear, what to eat, etc. NOT OK.
Dating a guy who is younger, has less money and education levels the playing field a bit. That is, unless you’re really unlucky and fall for a guy who becomes even more of an ass because he has less as that is the only way he can control you.
What am I talking about? No matter what, they will get you in the end. A farewell to arms.