Xiaomi Macbook killer

Have you guys checked this out yet?

Xiaomi is selling notebooks now, and the best version (i7 16gb ram) only cost 6999 RMB 32k Nts.

Description video in English

Official Webpage

1 Like

I wouldn’t get any hardware that can expose so much of my information from a Chinese tech firm. They’ve been known to collect information on phones already. Can’t imagine a computer.

2 Likes

unless you’re in a high-ranking position in a sensitive field, should that worry you. besides the fact, that some creepy dude might get a glance at your gf’s nastier side? sounds silly, but it’s a serious question. i’m also hesitant to buy chinese phones and notebooks, but they do offer a very good “c/p value” even if that price comes with some hidden costs. does the average joe care about that? imo, if i use an iphone, it’s an american creep staring at my pics, if it’s a huawei, it’s a chinese…

If I were in a high-ranking position I wouldnt be buying cheap electronics. lol

1 Like

It’s not a macbook killer unless it runs Mac software and has better reliability which is nearly impossible.

1 Like

real Macbook killers in my mind:

Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition:
http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/xps-13-9360-laptop/cax13w10p7b5122ubuntu

Prism Librem-15:

System 76:

1 Like

No you’re assuming the data breaches are from mischievous hackers looking for dirty pics or for financial gains or something. They’re giving it to the government and will roll over any data they have on you if the CCP asks. There’s a reason xiomi phones are banned in the military here and on any military and agencies. They lock them in faraday cages if you brought one on base.

2 Likes